Front parking sensor on sales advert missing

Lotuscamper

H&S Manager
T6 Pro
I have just picked up our camperking high line 2018 and I purchased it from a dealership who are agents for camperking,
The vehicle advert stated front and rear parking sensors but when we drove it last weekend for first time noticed there was no front parking sensors ?
Do I question this with the dealership ? Or was front parking sensors a typo error in advert ? The advert even carried an error stated it was a manual box but in fact it was DSG !

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Under consumer law "Goods must be as described" so you do have a case against the dealers. However, the legal wrangling can often take quite some time and effort so prepare for that if you decide to fight it out. Usually in these circumstances the dealer will offer some sort of discount on the original asking price rather than fitting the missing spec. Give them a call and see what they say.

Just to add. Your local Trading Standards officer should be contacted to deal with the issue. But try and reach some agreement with the seller first.

Just to add. Your local Trading Standards officer should be contacted to deal with the issue. But try and reach some agreement with the seller first.
I am not wanting to cause a huge rucous with the dealer they been very nice although took nearly 12 weeks to prepare the van for handover ?
Maybe I should have a gentle word ? My wife wanted rear camera but the dealer said they were not able to sort it in the 12 weeks a poor response , I would be paying so now I am having to get another place to fit a camera so maybe they sort the front sensor and I bill the dealership ?

• Sad
A lot of places wont let you get it sorted and bill them as well they are paying for someone else's labour charge. The simplest thing is to talk to them and see what tehy say. Make sure youve got the ad printed or PDF saved as if it is online they have a tendency to change/disappear once sold.

You should exhaust the dealer's internal complaints procedure before introducing outside agencies. Call the dealer, then, if you are not satisfied with the offered remedy, write/email to them explaining the issue(s). Be explicit that you wish to raise a formal complaint and spell-out the remedy you are seeking. If you remain dissatisfied with their final decision, then introduce an external agency, such as Trading Standards.

I suggest you also look on The Motor Ombudsman's website to see if the dealer is signed-up to their codes of practice. If they are, the TMO should be the external organisation you contact as they offer a free arbitration service and, if necessary, their decision is binding upon the dealer (but not upon the consumer, who is still free to pursue other remedies).

Last edited:
When I bought mine the advert stated both front seats swivelled. They didn't! Also front sensors were part of the advertised package, they weren't either. £2k discount Sir? I was happy.
You got DSG box, you would normally pay considerably more for that, I wouldn't worry myself! I'm just too easy to please!

If you have rear sensors already, adding fronts is a relatively simple and inexpensive job. Hopefully straight forward to resolve for you.

If you do have a go with the dealers about front parking sensors, I'd keep schtum about the DSG if I was you. No sense in giving him ammo to throw back at you and I suspect you probably paid for it anyway!

I just checked the advert which was sent to me when I looked at camper it funnily enough states DSG but on the website filter it was listed as manual ?
Anyway the advert clearly states front and rear parking sensors !

IMG_0231.png

When I bought mine the advert stated both front seats swivelled. They didn't! Also front sensors were part of the advertised package, they weren't either. £2k discount Sir? I was happy.
You got DSG box, you would normally pay considerably more for that, I wouldn't worry myself! I'm just too easy to please!

This! They might just turn round and say that they underpriced because it is a DSG. Happened to a friend who bought an EV second hand from a large dealership - they phoned a day later and said they had the model wrong and had underpriced the car. When my friend refused to pay the difference they took the car off him! Apparently under the contract he signed any discrepancy could be corrected in both directions!

This! They might just turn round and say that they underpriced because it is a DSG. Happened to a friend who bought an EV second hand from a large dealership - they phoned a day later and said they had the model wrong and had underpriced the car. When my friend refused to pay the difference they took the car off him! Apparently under the contract he signed any discrepancy could be corrected in both directions!
Just because it's written in a contract doesn't make it legally enforceable.

So mine is also 2018 but has front sensors and radar bur no cruise control or MFSW.

My 2018 Highline has rear sensors, radar pops up on infotainment. No Park Assist button on dash and no front sensors.
Thanks for the update I guess it must be an option extra either official VW or aftermarket ?
When I get rear camera fitted I assume the front sensors can be added without too much trouble ?

Back