VWT6JGB

I have a T6 2016 114k miles. I have owned since new and have the full history and I regularly serviced and oil changed. I recently had a warning indicator, a flashing amber coil. This fault would come on when driving on the motorway after a few miles and resulted in a loss of top end power and very sluggish up hills. Having recently moved to a new area I got a recommendation for a garage and booked her in. I also requested a cam belt change as its never been done. Anyway, before I could get it to the garage I also had an amber engine management light come on, so I phone the garage and I dropped it to them as planned last Thursday and explained the faults. By the way, the coil light clears when the engine stops, but shortly comes on again after 3-4 miles.

I collected the van on Friday from the garage, they said their "full code read" didn't return any serious faults. Works carries out. Timing belt and water pump, intermediate service, engine flush, total cost £985.

When I collected the van there were no faults on the display. On Saturday morning took the van out, running lovely, for about 20 miles, then the same amber coil light starts flashing, and then the engine management has come on.

Obviously I'm now about to call the garage but based on your experience, can you offer any guess at what this may be?

Picture of dash below. :-(

IMG_2789E97187CF-1.jpeg

2.0 TD
I have a T6 2016 114k miles. I have owned since new and have the full history and I regularly serviced and oil changed. I recently had a warning indicator, a flashing amber coil. This fault would come on when driving on the motorway after a few miles and resulted in a loss of top end power and very sluggish up hills. Having recently moved to a new area I got a recommendation for a garage and booked her in. I also requested a cam belt change as its never been done. Anyway, before I could get it to the garage I also had an amber engine management light come on, so I phone the garage and I dropped it to them as planned last Thursday and explained the faults. By the way, the coil light clears when the engine stops, but shortly comes on again after 3-4 miles.

I collected the van on Friday from the garage, they said their "full code read" didn't return any serious faults. Works carries out. Timing belt and water pump, intermediate service, engine flush, total cost £985.

When I collected the van there were no faults on the display. On Saturday morning took the van out, running lovely, for about 20 miles, then the same amber coil light starts flashing, and then the engine management has come on.

Obviously I'm now about to call the garage but based on your experience, can you offer any guess at what this may be?

Picture of dash below. :-(

View attachment 256818

Hi. I phoned the garage and they said to take it for a diagnostic again and the picture below shows the results. The guy said it looks like an air issue whatever that means?! They booked me back in for 3 weeks time as they are so busy!

IMG_0045 2.jpg

1724781798999.png
I would start by checking the intercooler for a boost leak.

Back