Hi I'm Solow Suspension, here to help.

Hi. I'm Just looking for some general pointers at the moment. Seems to be a lot of experience on the forum with Air suspension. I've just bought the cyclinder, twin compressors and bags from so low and management from airlift. 3/8''. I know there are a lot of reputable companies out there fitting it, however, I've given myself the challenge to do it myself. Why not.
1. When looking at mounting components, do most of you use riv nuts for the cylinder, manifold, etc, or do you find tech screws are man enough?
2. when mounting the cyclinder is the position between the spare and fuel tank the norm, or is there a more optimal position?
3. I'm looking to add a further 2 auto traps and check valves downstream of the compressor with a view to protect the system before the cyclinder. This is my daily drive so I need it as maintenance free as posible. HAs anyone else done this?
4. I've bought plastic conduit and p clips to run the hoses, which I'm hoping will protect them further against rubbing. Anyone doe this, is there plenty of space for doing it this way?
5. What is the minimal chopping, and grinding possible to get this to fit?

I understand some of this will be basic knowledge to some but given this will be a driveway install (Mainly) I'd rather be fully prepared so I have minimum downtime

Look forward to your help

Many Thanks

Hi Andy ( @Solow Suspension ), I have a 2022 T6.1 T32 DSG 2.0 BiTdi 204bhp kombi van and I want to lower it by around 40-45mm purely from an aesthetic point of view; I have come across the Eibach/SoLow Pro Sport 45mm Lowering Springs and I want to get a feel for how these will impact my van from a daily drive perspective but also on a long run. It has only done 11000 miles so it's still fairly tight and I am running 18" VW 10 spoke gloss black wheels with 255/45 tyres. I would also like to know what pressures anyone would recommend for this wheel/tyre combination. I know a lot of you out there will say spend a bit more and go for a coil-over solution but to be honest, I am fairly happy with the current ride so not sure why I would spend 5 times as much on something I'm not sure I need.

Hello Simon, give the office a call. They will put you through to someone that can advise you. 0116 2478156

Thanks

After thinking about it for about 10 years, I've finally done it and bought a 2018 T6. It arrives on Friday. I will do as much of the conversion as I can myself, but the pop top roof is beyond me. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I can go to have this done? I live in Surrey, but will drive as far as I need to if the price is right and it is someone recommended.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice as this is daunting for a novice.

David
@Solow Suspension Surely a response here would be beneficial to all members thinking the same?

Am purchasing SoLow Low for my van very soon from THQ ( T32 camper weighed at a local weighbridge at 2400 kg, without water, camping essentials, people, luggage etc….so pretty heavy) Seems everyone that has them is more than happy and I’ve been following THQ for a few years now and love the work they do and the expertise and research they put into what they do. I wouldn’t go past them for parts for my van….some Navis wheels will be next on the list after the suspension is on :cool::grin bounce:

@Solow Suspension
Hi Andy, I've had the SoLow NST setup on my work van for about 2 months now. Love the way it handles and looks now, especially with the new wheels.
I believe its down about 80mm... wheel centre to arch is around 385mm with my usual load of tools and stuff.
I had the alignment checked this week after finally sorting the wheels with the proper hub rings. See picture.
Toe in on right rear is off the charts from my understanding... and there was no adjustment left apparently.
So I'm guessing I should get some adjustable bushes, but it looks like even that wont be enough.
What do all the slammed guys do? Do they just put up with bad alignment and therefore bad tyre wear?
I dont really want to raise it much as it looks so much better and I can get into the smaller carparks now.

I appreciate your thoughts

Alignment.jpg

Van half empty.jpg

Finally managed to give the van a quick wash after having the Solow Coilovers fitted by @supremeconversions on Monday last week.

Have to say the lads @supremeconversions in Telford have done an amazing job.

These Solow Coilovers have absolutely transformed the van in every sense. The ride is sooooo smooth, not more steering wheel snapping from side to side when I hit a minor bump. It’s a pleasure to drive. I wasn’t sure what height to drop to so took advise from the lads. There is plenty more these can be lowered by apparently.

Heading back in a couple of weeks to have Hunter 4 wheel alignment done.

View attachment 228523

View attachment 228524
Hi which solows were fitted the low or nsl?

@Solow Suspension
Hi Andy, I've had the SoLow NST setup on my work van for about 2 months now. Love the way it handles and looks now, especially with the new wheels.
I believe its down about 80mm... wheel centre to arch is around 385mm with my usual load of tools and stuff.
I had the alignment checked this week after finally sorting the wheels with the proper hub rings. See picture.
Toe in on right rear is off the charts from my understanding... and there was no adjustment left apparently.
So I'm guessing I should get some adjustable bushes, but it looks like even that wont be enough.
What do all the slammed guys do? Do they just put up with bad alignment and therefore bad tyre wear?
I dont really want to raise it much as it looks so much better and I can get into the smaller carparks now.

I appreciate your thoughts

View attachment 257275

View attachment 257276

What brand our your mud flaps please? They look OEM location wise but no where near as long.

They are original, I just cut them down with a pair of tin snips! After fitting the NSL's the flaps were scraping everywhere
So you have any close up images, this sounds something I need to do as mine scrape quite a lot too.
Thank you

Hi Andy @Solow Suspension

What's your recommendations on coilover kit to pip for to get some good lows on my Gen6?

Want to get a much better stance with the 18s and ideally keep it usable for towing caravan or jetski.

Cheers in advance, current centee to arch measurements are fr 440, rr 438mm.

Andy

20240903_134146.jpg

Back