High Beam Assist - HBA

As above its in the adaptions menu not in the long coding menu where most changes are made

hi @Pauly , could you please help me out, I am trying to reduce the speed at which my high beam assist activates, but I am buggered if I can find it on my VCDS

could you point me in the right direction please :thumbsup:

hi @Pauly , could you please help me out, I am trying to reduce the speed at which my high beam assist activates, but I am buggered if I can find it on my VCDS

could you point me in the right direction please :thumbsup:

I think I have found it now in the extensive VCDS module guide :)

I think its listed under adaptions, if you go into the module then click on adaptions it will give you a drop down list all you need to do is select the correct entry from the list (cant remember exactly what its called as i dont have it on mine) and it will let you alter the adaption value to whatever you require.
I think @carlg has done it so will know the name of the entry

Last edited:
I think its listed under adaptions, if you go into the module then click on adaptions it will give you a drop down list all you need to do is select the correct entry from the list (cant remember exactly what its called as i dont have it on mine) and it will let you alter the adaption value to whatever you require.

cheers pauly, I did it on my last T6 but have forgotten now, I'm sure I'll figure it out :thumbsup:

Module 20. Adaptations. My settings below. Now it turns high beam on when above 30km/h. I'm not exactly sure about the effect of threshold settings so didn't change them too much.

IDE03885-Speed threshold for high beam recommendation off, 25 km/h (factory setting 28 km/h)
IDE03886-Activation speed for high beam assistant, 30 km/h (factory setting 58 km/h)
IDE08662-Speed threshold for immediate high beam recommendation off, 5 km/h (as from factory)​

Just curious what you have in UK at adaptation IDE03888-Left-/right hand driving, Right --- because this (Right) is factory setting for mine which is LHD! Perhaps just a VCDS decode glitch?

The settings are normally right hand traffic not right hand drive

Reactions: mmi
@Nickdaw did mine ,it was a while ago now ,he might remember.

Bit of a thread revival. Has any one managed to retrofit this ?
I find the Led lights gr8 on straight roads, but on bendy / hilly country roads very low and bends can come up very fast when having a spirited drive:whistle:.
I followed a Bmw earlier who clearly had it and I had light envy :mad:.

Anyone ?

Bit of a thread revival. Has any one managed to retrofit this ?
I find the Led lights gr8 on straight roads, but on bendy / hilly country roads very low and bends can come up very fast when having a spirited drive:whistle:.
I followed a Bmw earlier who clearly had it and I had light envy :mad:.

Anyone ?
I think hazzy dayz can do it ,have a look on there web site ,its £695 +vat

Last edited:
The settings are normally right hand traffic not right hand drive
glad i read this, changed mine as i had left/right hand driving and i changed it from left to right...
now put back....

Hi guys

went in with my autel ms908 and god the stuff you can change...
i changed mine to activate over 5kph... i do find the system quite annoying... esp when operates itself intermittent when on motorway etc...

anyone explain the meanings of each of the below...so many ways to read it..

IDE03885-Speed threshold for high beam recommendation off

IDE08662-Speed threshold for immediate high beam recommendation off

also out of the 3 pages of adjustments with even more behind.... i have
function characteristics predictive route data...all within turned off...
.. high beam suppresion in residential areas....delayed high beams on freeway, high beam suppression on freeway entry and exit ramps.... all that kind of thing....any vibes?

many thanks chris

Hi spooky

can you let me know the difference between the two high beam off thresholds above?

regards chris

IDE03885-Speed threshold for high beam recommendation off
Based on my experiments this is just the speed to turn off high beam. I would think this should be kept below activation speed...:unsure:
IDE08662-Speed threshold for immediate high beam recommendation off
I have not found any logic or function for this one. Seems to me a kind of conflicting or duplicate with the above. Never changed the value to experiment.

Back