How does this connector work?

Crandag

Sold!
Ok got this connector that I need to get an engine run signal from (pin 2) for a b2b charger.

it’s on. New Transit Custom. Please don’t lynch me!

I’ve never seen one with the white stick things before and can’t find any instructions. They seem to push in and out. You can see the long ones bottom out on the other side of the plug. But they don’t want to come out altogether.

Ford have a great resource called a Body and Equipment Mounting Manual (BEMM). Loads of detail on what you can and can’t do to everything in the van. It’s exhaustive and so very helpful. There’s a part number in there for the female pin thingys. However I don’t have them yet.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Link to pin thingy.

Pictures of the connector

Asked over on one of the transit forums but there’s just some tumble weed blowing around and no people. So far the worst bit about the new van is not having this forum full of you wonderful knowledgeable people to aim questions at.

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Sorry, can't help with the query, but your tumbleweed comment made me chuckle.

:) maybe a T7 section could be added for a head start on what’s coming?

Female pin thingys are on back order. Should be delivered in a couple of weeks. If I’m non the wiser by then, I’ll start fiddling until something works.

Reactions: Bav
Figured it.

Managed to disassemble the plug and had to buy some de-pinning tools to get the white thingys out. Quite fiddly but straightforward enough once you know. Also a new crimp tool for the female connectors.

If my vans not on fire by the end of the evening then I should have my Orion charger active when ignition is on, engine running or not, and the starter battery protected by the Load Shedding signal.

Brb

Back