Hypothetical EGR/DPF deletion

Salty Spuds

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’ve searched the forum & can’t find a definitive answer to my query, so here goes.
Hypothetically, if someone had a 204 bi turbo T6, & physically blanked off the EGR valve & gutted the DPF. Assuming the person in question had a fully functional VCDS, what coding would be required to complete the removal of Ad Blue, EGR, DPF?
Notwithstanding the side issues of MOT/morality/insurance etc. What are the purely technical details to consider?

cant be done with VCDS.

you need the engine computer remapped, to software delete the Ad Blue, EGR, DPF etc. (assuming its for off road use)

not sure how they they do it in practice, fudge the numbers in excel lol - who knows. its Black magic with an unknown outcome? (unless dyno tested, or 50K miles track tested?)

++++++++

++++++++

1726640895605.png1726640969859.png

Last edited:
this could be worth a look though.

and if you have a T6 204 CXEB

204ps Bi-Turbo CXEB Engine & Turbo problems:

T6-Logo.og.png

- 204ps Bi-Turbo CXEB T6 Engine & Turbo problems -

- 204ps Bi-Turbo CXEB T6 Engine & Turbo problems - Looks like im the latest patient of the CEXB engine issues. (possibly the 2016-2018 range as there is a mention that the CXEB Block etc was revised in 2019) in sort it looks like its either Turbo or Engine failure. here is some background...
www.t6forum.com
www.t6forum.com

Thanks for the reply @Dellmassive. I read the threads as part of my research & still couldn’t find a definitive answer. It looks like VCDS isn’t up to the job, so may need to go down the Darkside route.

have a word with @Dav-Tec

He may be able to offer some info on "off road" mapping, and the above deletes.

i don't know whether its just a tick box on the mapping software platform.

or

a whole different map for each bit?

id assume its a whole new map for each individually?

or a combined delete map or all three out?

Back