If you could do it all again...what would you do different?

You’d need to get me very drunk and pay me a 4 figure sum in advance to get me anywhere near Birmingham. When I go North on the M6 it’s in the middle of the night and I don’t stop until I’m through.
We can offer you a hefty discount Sir!?

I sold a Bechstein a few days ago, 11 years older than the Titanic, for £999! Horrible piano but looked the part! Customer was happy, I'm so shallow...

Reactions: CAB
More things to go wrong and cost you money out of warranty, but if you live near/travel to ULEZ areas then you will want Euro 6.
You're spot on there - if we hadn't been Euro 6, we wouldn't have been able to use a couple of routes on this road trip (mind you, given that one of them was the Parisian peripherique, that might not have been such a bad thing!). On the other side, I wouldn't have had a period of fretting after the dreaded 'ad blue range 650 miles' warning came up on the MFD (with near full tank of the stuff!), which then dropped to 600 miles before going back up to 5000 over the next 40 miles with me muttering 'f***ing VWs for most of it.

I was sitting in the van a little while ago waiting for the kettle to boil and having just returned from the beach when I realised that I hadn't actually opened our 'scenic canvas' in the pop top since the early days with the van and before the novelty wore off. I know that some people like it and use theirs often (but I've not noticed many when we've been out and about) but I now realise that it's another thing that I just wouldn't bother with if I was speccing another van. The fact that there's a 450mm odd wide shelf / hatch cover in front of the zip which has all sorts of crap piled onto it probably doesn't help but thinking about it, we didn't unzip the thing even before we had the shelf.20240622_182330.jpg

Last edited:
I was sitting in the van a little while ago waiting for the kettle to boil and having just returned from the beach when I realised that I hadn't actually opened our 'scenic canvas' in the pop top since the early days with the van and before the novelty wore off. I know that some people like it and use theirs often (but I've not noticed many when we've been out and about) but I now realise that it's another thing that I just wouldn't bother with if I was speccing another van. The fact that there's a 450mm odd wide shelf / hatch cover in front of the zip which has all sorts of crap piled onto it probably doesn't help but thinking about it, we didn't unzip the thing even before we had the shelf.View attachment 247425

I’ve never opened my scenic canvas in the 6 years the pop top has been installed, not sure what the difference in price was but I’m sure it wasn’t much. It just might make the canvas easier to repair if damaged.

I’ve never opened my scenic canvas in the 6 years the pop top has been installed, not sure what the difference in price was but I’m sure it wasn’t much. It just might make the canvas easier to repair if damaged.
Makes repairs easier….especially if you’re doing an iron-on patch where someone caught the canvas in a hinge!!!

Makes repairs easier….especially if you’re doing an iron-on patch where someone caught the canvas in a hinge!!!
Also makes it easier to load/remove an inflated SIM with topper and duvet into/from the pop top, all in one go. ;)

Also makes it easier to load/remove an inflated SIM with topper and duvet into/from the pop top, all in one go. ;)
What’s a SIM, has it got 4 limbs and 3 holes?

The Euro 5 engine doesn’t have Adblue injection into the SCAT to reduce NOX emissions.
Dis-advantage; this means that Euro 5 owners pay a environmental charge when entering certain city zones.
Advantages; no Adblue costs and much improved reliability as the system is problematic.

I have a Euro 5, 2016 180PS, it has been very reliable.
Not so in the UK, I have just sold a 2016 T6 which had no Adblue system but is still clear to entre all UK LEZs. I think it was just a one year thing from the start of T6 to August 2016.

Not so in the UK, I have just sold a 2016 T6 which had no Adblue system but is still clear to entre all UK LEZs. I think it was just a one year thing from the start of T6 to August 2016.

Probably mis-classified in the database as a Euro 6.

I'd buy a crafter with descent headlights and big solar .

I couldn't make my mind up. Felt like I was going to use the VW as a daily driver and I have done trips in it, especially in this weather as my Toyota's air con isn't really working. But there's 2 metre barriers here and there that I'd never get under in a bigger van.

Back