Infotainment issues - Primary user & Android Auto

Not fixed, I'm away at the moment and will get in touch with the garage when back, will keep you posted.
Hi Steve,

Mine has been fixed after another 2 days in the dealership. They told me it was 2 major software updates taking 4+ hours each to do, 1 on the infotainment system and 1 to do with the SOS button (which was green but not working) after that a full reset.
Hope this helps, they wouldn't give me any more information than that.
The dealership was JCB Group Crawley, not sure if your dealership could contact them for advice. I have to say they were very good and supplied vehicles for me every time mine was in.

Hi Steve,

Mine has been fixed after another 2 days in the dealership. They told me it was 2 major software updates taking 4+ hours each to do, 1 on the infotainment system and 1 to do with the SOS button (which was green but not working) after that a full reset.
Hope this helps, they wouldn't give me any more information than that.
The dealership was JCB Group Crawley, not sure if your dealership could contact them for advice. I have to say they were very good and supplied vehicles for me every time mine was in.
Thanks, I’ve literally just got mine back Friday, mine was the 5F infotainment unit was faulty, I was told the part was £3.5k!! But I’ve not paid anything for it to be replaced as although it’s well out the warranty (20 plate) I’ve said it should last the life of the vehicle as it’s not maintainable which surprisingly VW didn’t argue.
I don’t think mine had ever updated as this new unit is so much better

Thanks, I’ve literally just got mine back Friday, mine was the 5F infotainment unit was faulty, I was told the part was £3.5k!! But I’ve not paid anything for it to be replaced as although it’s well out the warranty (20 plate) I’ve said it should last the life of the vehicle as it’s not maintainable which surprisingly VW didn’t argue.
I don’t think mine had ever updated as this new unit is so much better
Great news all round then.

Back