Is this MPG right?

I get about 32/33mpg. Van isn’t fully loaded and I drive mainly on 60mpg A roads duel carriageways. I don’t have a heavy foot because I like to see how much MPG out of all my vehicles for some fun. Can’t seem to get anymore out of the T6 .

This sound about right? So should I be looking at something to improve it?

What engine have you got. I'd say that sounds about right. Don't forget these things are big square boxes sp never going to br brilliant on mpg.

Reactions: CAB
whats your wheel and tyre set up?
If your going 60 mph and taking it easier I would expect a little more closer to 40 based on my own van 2017 150ps manual kombi swb on factory devonports.

I’d expect nearer 40 on a dual carriageway driving for fuel economy in my 204 bitdi 4Mo.
If you have 20’s with 275/40 tyres then you will be 5% out straight away though.

I get about 32/33mpg. Van isn’t fully loaded and I drive mainly on 60mpg A roads duel carriageways. I don’t have a heavy foot because I like to see how much MPG out of all my vehicles for some fun. Can’t seem to get anymore out of the T6 .

This sound about right? So should I be looking at something to improve it?

How are you measuring your MPG?
The MPG displayed isn't a reliable source of information.

I get high 30's out of my 102 lwb camper conversion and around 30 out of my 204 lwb pv 4m dsg, medium loaded, non motorway driving.

T6.1 150PS Caravelle - get low 30s around town, low 40s on roadtrips and can push it into the 50s (just) hypermiling at 50mph

We have all the seats/table and a rear kitchen pod so I'm not as heavy as a camper but more solar than a van/combi.

All measured on the MFD but I've cross checked mine and it most it's about +-2 on calculated mileage.

T6.1 150PS Caravelle - get low 30s around town, low 40s on roadtrips and can push it into the 50s (just) hypermiling at 50mph

We have all the seats/table and a rear kitchen pod so I'm not as heavy as a camper but more solar than a van/combi.

All measured on the MFD but I've cross checked mine and it most it's about +-2 on calculated mileage.

Pretty much this for me, well I did before I changed my wheels.

Easy 43-45mpg taking it steady at 65mph on a long motorway journey (helped by numerous 50mph zones...), and high 20's/low 30's in town/stop start traffic.

150dsg caravelle with a bit of extra weight over std, so around 2.5t I think.

I have been using Fuelio app since a new engine was fitted. Ave mpg onnthe MFD seems about 5~10% out.

Big trips to Ventoux and now Corfu, T5.1 Caravelle swb dsg 4motion on 235/65 Falken wildpeaks

Fully loaded at 70’ish ave mph i am getting just shy of 30. I keep try to get this up by keeping to 60’ish, but then my wife takes over driving and all that goes out the window.

This is autoroutes and some alps driving mixed in.

Back