Lettering For The Back Of The T6

The original s come with 3M double sided tape already stuck to the back.

They come on a slight frame with clear plastic cover to enable lining up and fitting.

If your gonna refit.

Clean area with glass cleaner to remove wax and silicone etc.

Use masking tape to frame the area so you get the letter straight.

Use 3M tape and tweezers to apply.

Press and hold.....

Or just de-badge and remove the lot.

If your gonna refit.

Clean area with glass cleaner to remove wax and silicone etc.

Use masking tape to frame the area so you get the letter straight.

Use 3M tape and tweezers to apply.

Press and hold.....

Or just de-badge and remove the lot.
Great, thanks for the replies. Is this the type of tape to use?

I'd imagine so.....

Its about 2-3mm thick

Try ro compare to the exting stuff... on the back of your letter.

The hardest bit is trying to apply it on the back on the letter....without over hang, and not touching the sticky bit.

I tried scissors, scaple, craft knife.......

I'd imagine so.....

Its about 2-3mm thick

Try ro compare to the exting stuff... on the back of your letter.

The hardest bit is trying to apply it on the back on the letter....without over hang, and not touching the sticky bit.

I tried scissors, scaple, craft knife.......
Ok thanks, I’ll give it a go.

I had to re-tape a carrera badge and came up with this process....

1) Place your badge back down onto a piece of greaseproof paper and trace neatly around it with the pencil. Place the badge carefully to one side.
2) Use the sharpie to draw around the inside edge of the pencil outline. This should give an approximate 1.5 MM reduction all the way around and give you your cut lines.
3) Flip the greaseproof paper over and stick on a piece of trim tape so it covers your outline. Just to be clear the tape needs to be stuck on the opposite side of the paper to the traced outline.
4) Flip the paper over again and place tape side down on the chopping board. With the knife carefully cut around the edge of the sharpie line, through the greaseproof paper and trim tape. Use one hand to hold down the paper / tape and pull knife towards you, away from your other hand. Keep moving the paper around so the cut is always away from the hand holding it (its safer and you can control the cutting better) Once complete, remove the ‘spoil’ from the edges, cutting any bits you missed with the initial cut. Try not to pull any un-cut bits as it could tear. Gentle and slow.
5) Check the tape fits the back of the badge and trim any bits as appropriate.
6) Peel greaseproof paper off and stick tape to rear of badge.
7) Once badge fully taped, reattach to the car.

My camper never came with any lettering on the tailgate just the big round VW badge... no rear windscreen wiper either... hope it's not a Passat estate?

I'm sure Passat Estates have rear wipers, unless a previous owner deleted it.

Hi there, I am looking to remove my transporter badge this weekend. Any tips? I have an adjustable heat gun and was thinking of using floss. Anything else to remove the residue?
I used my daughter's nail polish remover for any stubborn residue. But you should find adding heat, you will be able to roll off most of the backing with your finger.
A final fine polish to remove any shadowing of the letters of they have been on for many years.

I used my daughter's nail polish remover for any stubborn residue. But you should find adding heat, you will be able to roll off most of the backing with your finger.
A final fine polish to remove any shadowing of the letters of they have been on for many years.
I also used nail varnish remover but be careful if you've got any none factory painted areas as it might remove that as well

Thanks for the advice. I found some stuff on the internt called Goo Gone which is safe for car paint, so will try this and report back.

If anyone is taking “Transporter” lettering off their van....I’d be interested in it.

Thanks for the advice. I found some stuff on the internt called Goo Gone which is safe for car paint, so will try this and report back.
Its also great for getting glue off suede and carpet when you are lining the van etc. Found out by accident as I got glue on my suede A pillars.

Back