Long Life Service - worrying

hallix100

Hi,

I’ve just bought a converted camper from Speedkings, it’s a 71 plate on 11,000. It had an oil and filter change (long life oil) in Sept 2023. Have been told it doesn’t need a service until 2025? Can anyone advise please ? Worrying me, things like brake fluid, air filters, pollen filters etc…

Thanks in advance

There are 2 service regimes. Sounds like yours is on the longlife intervals. The general consensus is that the shorter/annual regime is more conducive for peace of mind

It’ll tell you when it needs a service. But I always do an interim oil and filter change so it gets oil/filter every 7k or less.

The book shows first oil service at 12500 miles.

Then every 18000 miles after that.

But your best choosing the 12 month / 10000 miles (what ever comes first) option. For a longer engine life.

Or as often as you feel necessary.

I get mine serviced every year with an interim oil change as well. It was an airline taxi and is a 2016 plate with soon to be 250000 miles on it yet it runs better than our 2005 golf at 165000 miles ( no longer true since its new turbo) but the van was religiously serviced during it’s working life (at least yearly, every 10k) and I think it shows.
Cheers
Toby

I say you follow what the book says, Reminds me of my days in the military where they over serviced vehicles for the sake of it.
Monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly and 12 month MEIs. We spend most of our time servicing vehicles.

Back