Main and Battery Supply not Working after Jump Start

S90MRJ

Hello, neither my battery or main are operating after I had to jump start my van.

Thoughts welcome.

Main what? You’re going to have to give us more than that, we’re not psychic :uh run:
Thanks for responding. Got a Roamer battery - I’ve checked with them and it fine but its not providing power as normal. Connecting mains in campsite not power either. All connected with Victron system. Any help appreciated?

Solar does provider flicker of power though.

Pictures of your system will help.

As well as details of the state of charge from the Roamer battery app and current status of any chargers from the Victron app.

Are your 240v breakers and RCD in your consumer unit on and OK?

What was the reason you had to jump start and how did you do it?

Thanks for responding. Got a Roamer battery - I’ve checked with them and it fine but its not providing power as normal. Connecting mains in campsite not power either. All connected with Victron system. Any help appreciated?

Solar does provider flicker of power though.
If you connect to the mains EHU, do you have 240V present in the van?

No power on socket when switching on hairdryer
In which case the first thing you need to do is find out why. Generally, campervan electrics aren’t designed for high wattage appliances such as hairdryers, if you had something else on at the same time, you may have tripped the EHU breaker in the post. So you need to do some digging.
Is the EHU breaker on? Try another outlet on the post if available.
If so
Are the breakers in the Van consumer unit all on? If they are, and you press the test button on the RCD, does it trip? If not, this would indicate that you don’t have power to the consumer unit, this could be a wiring fault between the consumer unit & EHU post.

Work through that & come back with the results.

Ok, progress! Changed EHU hookup point and reconnected socket into van, now got EHU power.

RCD test wasnt tripping now is.

That looks like a reasonably well charged battery if it's in absorption and only delivering 0.4A out of a possible 15A to it.

If those type of fridges get a lot of low voltage bad starts they can lock out.

Try and fully turn the fridge off at the switch panel or by pulling the fuse - the switch in them generally isn't a full off it just puts them into standby and won't clear any faults.

Also there is something a little odd - your screenshots look like they are 4 minutes apart and your charger thinks the battery voltage is 14.7v but the battery itself thinks it is 13.3v

I know systems calibration can be a bit different but that's a 1.4v difference

Pulled out the fridge fuse and reset - worked fine for 15 mins then same result - red line flashing I’m afraid

Back