Deaks

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So I just fitted some swanky new spots on to the A bar and they look great.The spots have these nice DRL strips in each side and my plan was to tap into the DRL feed from the R/H headlight connector, This tap worked great for main beam and for the Sport DRL into dipped beam, but the Headlight DRL's started getting very unhappy sometimes on sometimes off and flickering too.
So I disconnected the relay trigger from the Headlight DRL and just left the Spot DRL triggered by dipped beam and full blast Spot triggered by the main beam relay.
Which is a bit disappointing as I wanted the Spot DRLs on all the time (just like the Headlight DRLs).

So I was thinking I could tap into an ignition switched live somewhere in the engine bay to trigger the Spot DRLs.
Can anyone suggest a one to tap into please?

TIA

Deaks :)

IMG_2236.jpeg

Thanks Chaps

Reading through that post, I think I might have figured out why my headlight DRLs were unhappy…..

The trigger feed I made for the the spotlight DRL uses both the headlight DRL feed and the dipped headlight feed into one relay.
My thinking was that then the Spotlight DRLs will be on in the day, but also when dipped headlights are on (DRLs in headlights turn off when the headlights turn on).
I’m lazy and leave the lights on auto all the time!!

Should I have put in line diodes on the two feeds (DRL and dipped beam) to the relay?

Would that explain why the Headlight DRLs went a bit crazy?

If so, what diodes would I need?

Thanks in advance

Deaks

I had a search but still not sure.
I’ve been busy fitting my new headlights, bumper and bonnet DRLs and fog light kit.
I’ve got everything in and now just need to find which position in the fuse box next to battery is an ignition feed to get the bonnet and bumper DRLs working with the ignition.
I’m going to pick up a piggy back fuse thingymabob tomorrow to just pug into the fuse box.
So far everything is looking great and working great.
Will post up a thread with before and after pics tomorrow when I get everything working.
I could actually see coming home in the dark tonight. :D
Cheers.
IMG_5532.png

IMG_5529.jpeg

I'm not sure any of them are an IGN Feed in the true sense.

But I've not looked into it.

The BCM IGN supplies (that we all know) are the center fuse line in the lower dash SC fuse box.

I'm not sure any of them are an IGN Feed in the true sense.

But I've not looked into it.

The BCM IGN supplies (that we all know) are the center fuse line in the lower dash SC fuse box.
Thanks.
I will just have to try them out by trial and error until I find one I think.
Failing that is the any wires under the bonnet that are ignition live feeds?

Thanks.
I will just have to try them out by trial and error until I find one I think.
Failing that is the any wires under the bonnet that are ignition live feeds?
Hi did you suss what fuse, I attempted to fit mine today but no luck, could not suss what fuse to go to to get them to work when fob pressed, cheers

Back