Mib2 gps stuck?

Norwegian guy

Hi. Before we went on vacation, I updated my SD card with latest map pack available from vw own site. Worked excellent for a couple of days. Then it got stuck. When I start the car and enter navigation it will update on where it is and I can enter a route that it will calculate . But as soon as I start driving it just stands still on the screen. Nothing happens. No matter what I do. The player is not frozen as I can move around in the menu and exit the nav.
Anyone that has experienced this before and knows a fix?

I have tried the following.
-factory reset of player
-updated the firmware of the mib2 player from 356 to 369

Don’t think there should be any relationship with my other fault codes?
-abs ,traction control -and tire pressure.
and with these the following has started to pop up
-fault on start/stop system
- distance sensor or what it is called.
And a light bulb in front that’s living it’s own life. One day the car wil say it not working, maybe next day it is on again

The car had service done one week before we traveld. And of course All the faults was gone, so the mechanics didn’t find any stored fault codes.

The ABS/Traction Control/Tyre Pressure faults could be related to a faulty ABS sensor or wiring. The Nav might use the wheel speed to indicate/verify that the van is moving?

Perhaps this is helpful?
I did an experiment with 0xF0 in ABS coding and discovered something interesting.
Basically when rear bidirectional sensors are coded for reverse operation it messes up accuracy of SAT-NAV on Discover Media. While on the move vehicle is always shifted from its real location and keeps on changing orientation.

This obviously proves that the speed readings from all four wheels are taken into consideration when vehicle location is being established. And the SAT-NAV doesn't rely on GPS signal only.

Back