Help please Flashing coil light and EML on. Multiple codes 31391 27202 8208 8216 8217 8338

Now to adjust the new one to the same dimensions as the old and then refit, which I think is going to be a lot more difficult!

E45A1953-7F03-441C-B06B-6066C820F1F4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Ok so it’s back on but before I try to fit the circlip the workshop manual is saying to measure voltage via the diagnostic tool. Is this absolutely necessary and if so can vcds do it?
IMG_0215.png

IMG_0216.png

to check the voltage I opened vcds and then the engine controller. I selected output tests and then turbine actuator IDE07783. I figured this out by myself so it might not be correct but the voltage value changed as I operated the actuator with the mityvac gan

IMG_5343.jpegThe N/A value will change as you move the actuator.

.IMG_5342.jpeg

fingers crossed I got it right!

IMG_5341.jpeg

Stuffed some blue rag in the air pipes in readiness for the flying circlips!

But to be fair it wasn’t too bad and I had success with the 2nd one. God knows where the first one went! Trying to keep the mityvac pumped while manoeuvring some long handled pointy nose pliers with a small screwdriver in your third hand is tricky enough especially in a dark space with crap eyesight!

Last edited:
I’m out of MOT atm so just got to change the rear discs and pads and then go for test. I’ll then do a road test and log the values to make sure the turbos are boosting ok. If everything is ok I’ll wrap this up. Hopefully the thread will help others in the future.

Massive thanks to @mmi for all the help in getting to the bottom of it.

so how did you get on?

@rajjinator is doing the same job and is having some issues with the actuator length. . .

Back