My local VW Vindis happy to lower with DCC

I've got ACC adaptive cruise control
the Gen6 2 tone ones have DCC as standard
they are totally different
ACC & DCC have got absolutely nothing to do with each other, but I fully sympathise, as VW confuses the whole thing initially calling it "DCC-Adaptive Chassis Control" (when they should have called it "Dynamic Chassis Control") as they now do; very easily confused with "ACC- Adaptive Cruise Control." I Think VW managed to mislead 100,000+ customers with this balls up by them.
Good, thats sorted, so you got your full 30mm's worth with your drop because you don't have "DCC - Dynamic Chassis Control"; but a van with DCC will only get 10mm's worth of drop if they fit 30mm dropping springs:confused:;):thumbsup:
I've got both DCC & ACC on my Vel Exec, both ordered as extras as part of the build; but when I ordered it, a year ago, the dealer was totally confused with it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC.
Having bought a new Generation Six Caravelle with DCC a couple weeks ago I was hoping to have it lowered (but still retaining the warranty) as it looks so high to me.

I have read a few threads about some dealerships are willing to lower, some aren't. Well I got an email this morning to say that my local dealership are willing to lower the T6 and that they had spoken to their head technician and he can't see why it would be an issue. Ok so cool......

......But the only VW approved springs are 30mm.... which to be honest I can't really see the point in me doing it, as it would still be a long way off!!!

I'm looking to go bigger on the wheels at some point as well BUT still can't really see 30mm cutting it. 50mm I'd be driving there now to drop it off!! Haha!

Has anyone done a 30mm drop with bigger than 18" wheels or similar and could share some tips/pics ???? (which would be very much appreciated!).... I need convincing!!!

I might just have to wait till I'm a few years in on the warranty and then drop it

Thanks in advance

I also didn't like the look of my tyre/wheel arch profile, but personally I was very reluctant to change the suspension for all sorts of reasons; so Instead I fitted 25mm HR hubcentric wheel spacers all round (you can fit 30/40mm spacers on the rear).
I also slightly oversized the tyre from a 235/55/17 to 235/60/17, about 10mm larger radius so it fills the arch a lot better not just vertically (as a drop would), but also horizontally.
If you did the same you need to swap your 255/45/18 tyres for 255/50/18's or similar; but there aren't alot of choices in those sizes.
The look of my vehicle was totally transformed, and I am now 100% happy with its stance. Just my thoughts:)

ACC & DCC have got absolutely nothing to do with each other, but I fully sympathise as VW confuses the whole thing initially calling it DCC-Adaptive Chassis Control (when they should have called it Dynamic Chassis Control) as they now do, very easily confused with ACC- Adaptive Cruise Control. I Think VW managed to mislead 100,000+ customers with this balls up by them.
Good, thats sorted, so you got your full 30mm's worth with your drop because you don't have DCC - Dynamic Chassis Control; but a van with DCC will only get 10mm's worth of drop if they fit 30mm dropping springs:confused:;):thumbsup:
I've got both DCC & ACC on my Vel Exec, both ordered as extras as part of the build, but when I ordered it a year ago the dealer was totally confused with it all.
Yep DCC on my exec as an option means I can just get in under the car park barrier at work

I think when I specked up DCC, it mentioned coming with a 20mm lowering as part of the option.
If you fit standard 30mm lowering springs, is there a danger that you will only be effectively lowering it (30-20)= 10mm????
Maybe worth checking

Hmmm Well I can't imagine our Caravelle (with DCC) is 20mm lower. I may be wrong but there's ALOT of space between tyre and arch, I'll have to pop out and measure

Hmmm Well I can't imagine our Caravelle (with DCC) is 20mm lower. I may be wrong but there's ALOT of space between tyre and arch, I'll have to pop out and measure
It def is, my Exec DCC fits under work car park barrier - just.
Drove a loaner on standard suspension and it touched barge board.

It def is, my Exec DCC fits under work car park barrier - just.
Drove a loaner on standard suspension and it touched barge board.

I'm certainly not doubting you, just feel if ours was 20mm higher it might actually fall over! Maybe I'm just used to cars. I'll have a measure later and post it up, I'd be really interested to see how it compares.

I won't be investing nearly £500 on 10mm

I'm certainly not doubting you, just feel if ours was 20mm higher it might actually fall over! Maybe I'm just used to cars. I'll have a measure later and post it up, I'd be really interested to see how it compares.

I won't be investing nearly £500 on 10mm
The wheel spacers alone really alter the stance of the vehicle, you may be surprised. They cost about £230(ish) for a set of 4 TUV approved. You achieve the offset that many after market wheels are built to, and that makes a big difference, given that you are already 20mm lower than standard.:thumbsup:

The wheel spacers alone really alter the stance of the vehicle, you may be surprised. They cost about £230(ish) for a set of 4 TUV approved. You achieve the offset that many after market wheels are built to, and that makes a big difference, given that you are already 20mm lower than standard.:thumbsup:

Yeh these do interest me now. Cutting down the locking nuts is annoying but hey.

If I'm honest I'd probably consider putting the £230 towards a new set of 20" wheels

Yeh these do interest me now. Cutting down the locking nuts is annoying but hey.

If I'm honest I'd probably consider putting the £230 towards a new set of 20" wheels
I guess your 18" gen6 wheels would fetch really good money second hand, or would you keep them for the resale of the Vel when the time comes?

I guess your 18" gen6 wheels would fetch really good money second hand, or would you keep them for the resale of the Vel when the time comes?

It's something I've been pondering. Last time I looked they were around £2.5K on eBay, without tyres! And they are rare.... but I think I'd try keep them, I have romantic ideas about passing it down to the kids one day and the original stuff, I imagine, will be gold then.

Ok so drum roll....
Gap between top of tyre and centre of wheel arch is....
Are you sitting down....
An eye bulging....
110mm front and 113mm rear. Yes you read that correctly.

Now I'd love to know if this is about standard for a Caravelle or have I bought the first monster truck Gen Six!!!!?

Ok so drum roll....
Gap between top of tyre and centre of wheel arch is....
Are you sitting down....
An eye bulging....
110mm front and 113mm rear. Yes you read that correctly.

Now I'd love to know if this is about standard for a Caravelle or have I bought the first monster truck Gen Six!!!!?

will nip out and measure ours in 30 mins

Thats weird ours is 90mm front and 100mm rear

I cant believe that there in only 13mm in it at the rear as your does look much higher on that pic..

Its empty except seats but is on a very slight slope down at the front.

Thats weird ours is 90mm front and 100mm rear

I cant believe that there in only 13mm in it at the rear as your does look much higher on that pic..

Its empty except seats but is on a very slight slope down at the front.

Strange. That's 20mm difference on the front. Weird. I've taken the two swivel seats out of ours and the table but surely they aren't that heavy. Ours is the 200bhp one. Don't know what to think really, thought ours looked high.

yep ours is the 204, could just be how they have settled right now.... is your on a flat?

I cant see how it can be anything untoward...

Back