My Reflex Silver Project

TheGrapeEscape

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All,

I thought I'd post a project thread of my 1st Camper, if individual posts are not allowed, please remove.

I bought this last week, after months of searching. Originally, I wanted a tailgate model, but I had to think realistically and let some of my options go.

Here she was when I got her 21/4/2024

Screenshot_20240427_093101_Gallery.jpg

This was after a quick wash as it was filthy. First on my list of things to do was to wash it and remove the stickers. I haven't had time off work in a long time, and adding a house move into my spare time it's been a little chaotic. A quick petrol station car wash was the answer.

20240425_200729.jpg

Next was windows. I bought the fake rear quarter windows from Kira Vans and had them fitted by a local company to me called Tamworth Transporters

20240426_165527.jpg

Then fitted some osram and Phillips LED bulbs, but these have thrown an error code on dash, so will be removed.

20240426_202104.jpg

20240424_173743.jpg

20240424_173803.jpg

Great looking van mate I’m excited to see the updates
Thanks mate

I'm hoping to get new wheels this week, but I'm really torn on what to get. Can't seem to find any reference pics with them on a Transporter.

Welcome to the world of spending money...........just because :D

I started mine about 3 years ago now at a similar stage to what you've started, its easy to get obsessed and when you think you've finished, you decide to do a bit more lol.

Like you, always wanted a tailgate but really but mainly out of cosmetics more than function, I've not really missed having a tailgate and dont have to worry about not being able to open due to lack of space.

Welcome to the world of spending money...........just because :D

I started mine about 3 years ago now at a similar stage to what you've started, its easy to get obsessed and when you think you've finished, you decide to do a bit more lol.

Like you, always wanted a tailgate but really but mainly out of cosmetics more than function, I've not really missed having a tailgate and dont have to worry about not being able to open due to lack of space.
Definitely, I'm finding that I'm on my phone on websites constantly looking at bits.

Just been to the local outlet village by me, and seen a pure grey 6.1 with the LV-2 wheels, really tempted by them.

Was originally set on the supermetal cells in gloss black but nowhere has them in stock

Ooooo - there is another purple themed van on the forum that attracted a marmite response. I rather like it!

Ours will be silver / electric blue!

Ooooo - there is another purple themed van on the forum that attracted a marmite response. I rather like it!

Ours will be silver / electric blue!
Really? Have you got a link to their name?

We're going silver, black and purple. I was torn until today

Today's update,

This morning, I drove to meet @Pete C to collect his H7 headlights off him, thanks fella :) . These won't be fitted straight away, as I have plans to get gloss black badge less and lower grills, plus the sportline splitter for it, so will do it in one go.

20240506_164736.jpg

I also managed to cut (very scarily) the inlet for the 250v hookup in.

I've left the flex coming into the panel ready to wire when the fuseboard comes tomorrow

20240506_153413.jpg
20240506_164838.jpg

Back