Need advice on closing Reimo roof

Hi - I’m having exact same issue. Can i ask, when you say ‘make sure the mattress is pulled back a little’ do you mean more toward the front opening or toward the back hinged end? Thanks.
hi there we are a bit more experienced now - yes in ours we need to pull the mattress back a good couple of inches away from the hinged end to give it clearance to close snugly so the roof can go down flat - I now pull it further back around 4 inches as by the time the roof is down its slid back down a bit -so that ensures its still away enough from the hinged bit of the roof to close it flat , the other thing that is a must - is to make sure that you do have a window or door open when closing your pop up roof to avoid a vacuum and to ensure the tent part canvas is folding in rather than billowing or ballooning out to avoid it getting stuck or damaged by the roof when closing down - I have a clip on strap that holds both sides in a bit although when breezy I have to hold it a bit to pull it in and also don't forget to check the third side of the canvas roof as well to check that side is coming in when pulling the roof down if not give it s tweak and pull it in as its coming down to ensure all three sides are folding inside the roof and not trapped - hope that makes sense and good luck !

hi there we are a bit more experienced now - yes in ours we need to pull the mattress back a good couple of inches away from the hinged end to give it clearance to close snugly so the roof can go down flat - I now pull it further back around 4 inches as by the time the roof is down its slid back down a bit -so that ensures its still away enough from the hinged bit of the roof to close it flat , the other thing that is a must - is to make sure that you do have a window or door open when closing your pop up roof to avoid a vacuum and to ensure the tent part canvas is folding in rather than billowing or ballooning out to avoid it getting stuck or damaged by the roof when closing down - I have a clip on strap that holds both sides in a bit although when breezy I have to hold it a bit to pull it in and also don't forget to check the third side of the canvas roof as well to check that side is coming in when pulling the roof down if not give it s tweak and pull it in as its coming down to ensure all three sides are folding inside the roof and not trapped - hope that makes sense and good luck !
Thanks - that is really helpful. I will do as you suggest. I’m new to this so

Thanks - that is really helpful. I will do as you suggest. I’m new to this so

Thanks for your help on this - I did this but still not great. Realised it was only on the passenger side and that the pop top scissor hinge at the rear on that side had slipped and was too far forward. With a bit of help was able to slacken the 3 bolts and then slide the hinge back. This definitely helped - I still need to go back it a little more but it is ‘good enough’ for now!

Reactions: CAB
Thanks for your help on this - I did this but still not great. Realised it was only on the passenger side and that the pop top scissor hinge at the rear on that side had slipped and was too far forward. With a bit of help was able to slacken the 3 bolts and then slide the hinge back. This definitely helped - I still need to go back it a little more but it is ‘good enough’ for now!
Be careful, mis-alignment can cause the roof strut to come off and the roof is very heavy. It is also near impossible to get the strut back on without a ratchet strap to compress it, a good step ladder, one person minimum inside and preferably two outside.
The roof needs to be aligned correctly, one of the rear scissor hinge screws each side should be replaced with a long Tek screw and the hinge base sikaflexed to the roof in the correct position.
If a long screw and Sikaflex is not used the hinge will move again.

Be careful, mis-alignment can cause the roof strut to come off and the roof is very heavy. It is also near impossible to get the strut back on without a ratchet strap to compress it, a good step ladder, one person minimum inside and preferably two outside.
The roof needs to be aligned correctly, one of the rear scissor hinge screws each side should be replaced with a long Tek screw and the hinge base sikaflexed to the roof in the correct position.
If a long screw and Sikaflex is not used the hinge will move again.
That’s very helpful- thanks DXX. Yes, I think I will leave well enough alone now as ‘good enough’ but put a screw in through the retaining hole for stop it sliding again. What length screw do you think this would take? Is it just through the hinge and outer roof skin or deeper?

That’s very helpful- thanks DXX. Yes, I think I will leave well enough alone now as ‘good enough’ but put a screw in through the retaining hole for stop it sliding again. What length screw do you think this would take? Is it just through the hinge and outer roof skin or deeper?
I don’t know the length, it was done by the converter under warranty. It’s much deeper than the outer roof skin, that’s the issue with not be able to tighten them sufficiently to clamp the hinge in place.

Back