Oil temp

gatesy32

Hi guys

New to vdubs thanks for having me
On way down south when oil leval to high popped up. Anyone else experience this as vw said they have change there oil weights to 5 which expands more and the sensor needs to be change this will be rectified when it goes in for inspection or service. Any one else had this issues. Hopefully I have explained it well enough
This is on myT6 t32

Sam

What year is your van ?

Quite a few threads here about oil level too high.

Pete

Same on mine, a 2020 6.1, only I was going up North at the time. I really didn't want to take mine into a main Stealer to have a rumoured software update, so I followed advice from a useful video searchable on here. Basically I siphoned half a litre of oil via the dipstick tube with a Siphon kit from karparts for a tenner. I now make sure the oil level is halfway between the max and min level on the dispstick. A distinct possibility is that failed regenerations have deposited diesel into the sump so your oil could now well be part diesel. Not good for the engine! I had an oil change just to be sure. I now keep a much closer eye on regens and let them complete if revs are higher than normal on idle. Not had the problem since, but make sure when you have an oil change they leave the oil level at half mast on the dipstick!

Back