Parking Heater Upgrade options

pieter_s

In my T6 transporter (2016), I have the factory fitted parking heater. It works well, but it has some limitations. It'll only run for a max of two hours, and there are no options for setting temperature beyond using the dash controls. Ideally it would have a thermostat which would allow me to set a temp, and leave it running. Can anyone tell me if there is a possibility to add this? Or would it mean installing a whole new system? If so, could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Plenty for returns for updgrading aux heater to parking heater. But nothing I could find for my particular query

You could be right. I have the factory installed Webasto heater. Which I can control from the panel in the headliner. So I can schedule it to turn on a certain times, and the max running time is 120 minutes. I would like to find a way to basically make it run all night, turning on/off as required, controlled by a thermostat or similar.

Factory installed? - could be either the Thermo Top Evo water heater and/or the Air Top air heater, depends upon what was specified at construction.
What does it say on the sticker on the A-pillar?

This is the sticker. Not sure if it's relevant, but I am in Germany and this is an LHD vehicle
photo_2024-09-20_12-35-33.jpg

Last edited:
If your heater has been adapted as a parking heater rather than as the original auxiliary heater it would help to know if it has the original VW firmware on it or whether it has been flashed with standard Webasto firmware.
I think that you just have an auxiliary heater if you have not done anything to it and you do not have a parking heater. But, if you do have a parking heater they are restricted to 2 hours running to prevent draining the starter battery as these heaters run from that one.
This thread should inform you as to procedures for altering these heaters: Webasto Auxiliary Heater - customizing

Back