Part no enquiry - EGR gasket between cooler and EGR

ArtD

T6 Pro
Hi there, I'm looking for a part no for gasket between cooler and EGR - I plan to recover EGR rather than replace it, but nowhere can find the part no for the below element (see red/yellow indication). thx

1716810997855.png
I assume it should look something similar to this:

1716811098290.png

but how to get part no for it?

I cleaned and rebuilt one of these as a feasibility test - not worth the effort due to the hours of labour needed.
The only place I found the gasket advertised was Brazil, it’s NBR coated stainless steel.
I didn’t try and purchase as I had no plans to use it anyway.
I rebuilt the unit using the old gasket with a thin coating of Rocol Steamseal paste, good for a max’ of 600 deg C.
I pressure tested the gas and water side and no leaks.
Sitting in my workshop as a ‘paper weight’.

If the tubes are full of carbon you can’t get the chemical through, I needed to drill out each one with a long series drill bit, PITA. The header is also going to be solid with hard carbon.

I cleaned and rebuilt one of these as a feasibility test - not worth the effort due to the hours of labour needed.
The only place I found the gasket advertised was Brazil, it’s NBR coated stainless steel.
I rebuilt the unit using the old gasket with a thin coating of Rocol Steamseal paste, good for a max’ of 600 deg C.

If the tubes are full of carbon you can’t get the chemical through, I needed to drill out each one with a long series drill bit, PITA. The header is also going to be solid with hard carbon.
thanks DXX for info. I will try anyway just painful last bolt to take out.

thanks DXX for info. I will try anyway just painful last bolt to take out.
Good luck, factor in the cost of a LS drill bit (not cheap), about 15 cans on Mr Muscle oven cleaner and a set of 10 brass tube brushes.
Plus 2 days of your life you’ll never get back.
If the gasket leaks it will allow coolant into the engine with the potential for a hydraulic lock. Make sure you pressure test.

Good luck, factor in the cost of a LS drill bit (not cheap), about 15 cans on Mr Muscle oven cleaner and a set of 10 brass tube brushes.
Plus 2 days of your life you’ll never get back.
If the gasket leaks it will allow coolant into the engine with the potential for a hydraulic lock. Make sure you pressure test.
no need. done it befor on audi - with petrol for a week - clean like baby bump

similar tale from me...i pulled it all apart confident i could clean it out and save some cash, but once apart and an hour or so in, i realised it wasnt worth the effort/risk of continuing and just bought a new one.

A cooler or a valve?
both. One week in bath with daily checks and will be clean like new- at the end use some egr foam (if egr electric fault then it wouldn't make sense but if only issue with flow then no problem). I will report before and after

There was a place I found in the UK. Try searching Internet for egr cooler gasket, might come up.
Hi Fluff , I got a part no I think that is V29004521 but internet delivers nothing for it? Any idea on the gasket part. thx

I have managed to find cooler with gasket but I do not need the cooler just gasket
1717066334637.png

Hi, not sure whether this is an exact match but two part numbers are mentioned for gaskets here depending on the type of turbo.

neither works but thank you anyway. I have managed all to work using the old gasket. Works like dream no errors and no issue but egr was two days in bath :)

Back