Problems with retro-fitted power tailgate

vwcolllet

I taken the van to a dealer to have the tailgate converted to power operation, but it only works some of the time,
I been back to them three time and failed to sort this problem out, they say that it works ok with them, they changed the control panel and
fitted different brackets to where the struts are fitted.and still the same, I showed them a video of this, I payed £1400 for this work and does not work correctly where
do I go from here??

Main dealer?

Have you tried booking in into a different main dealer for a look?

Different mechanics, fresh eyes etc etc..

A) put the video of incorrect operation on here (via YouTube or similar)
B) was this done at a main VW dealer (I'm guessing not...)?
C) if not not main dealer, then was there an aftermarket kit used (again I'm guessing there is as OEM components alone are over £2k)?
D) some pics of what kit has been installed would be good

That looks a similar if not the same set up as supplied by a dealer in Avonmouth Bristol.

It might be worth them taking a look to offer some advise, presuming it wasn’t them that did it.

As @Kev.O said above, that kit is fitted by quite a few.

I got my done by Letang Auto Electrics in Bristol (not the same place as Kev did)

So there's a few options for other installers who know how these things work (or are supposed to!)

I have now been told that it is a German firm that makes this kit, but have not been given name or address of
the manufacturer can any body help??

What is the actual issue? We do a retrofit tailgate. It has to run off the main battery not a second one.

Back