Review: Exploria

Mine is going in to Rising Sun Campers near Coventry. Just showed Mrs DaveyB your rear speaker mounts as I'm having something very similar put in.
Yeh, ya know, I wasn't going to bother with rear speakers as I spent a few quid upgrading the fronts......but I'm glad I did now. Incidentally, they were unable to code in the rear speakers. No big deal.......no doubt I'll get it sorted at some point.

quick and easy with a VCDS, hopefully there is someone up near you who can do this. What front speakers did you go for? I've got the Hertz Mille Pro's under my dining room table ready to go in at the same time.

quick and easy with a VCDS, hopefully there is someone up near you who can do this. What front speakers did you go for? I've got the Hertz Mille Pro's under my dining room table ready to go in at the same time.
Phoenix gold......and they sound great. Alpine g series in the back.......wasn't going to bother with rears at all but I'm glad I did. Need to get the fader coded in though. Exploria tried but said it wasn't possible.

I've got some Pioneer coaxials for the back of mine to run off the head unit; just to give a bit of sound fill to the rear as the fronts will be doing all the work along with a 10" sub running off a 3 channel amp.
In VCDS to do the rear speakers you need 5F-04.

I've got some Pioneer coaxials for the back of mine to run off the head unit; just to give a bit of sound fill to the rear as the fronts will be doing all the work along with a 10" sub running off a 3 channel amp.
In VCDS to do the rear speakers you need 5F-04.
Thanks DB.........I need to get that and a few other bits done. I wouldn't trust myself with one of those coding devices.....it's too much like voodoo for me, anything could happen!;)

Another big up for Exploria from me. Extremely helpful bunch of people. I travelled all the way to Yorkshire from Dorset for them to do my T5, and I did so because I'm very fussy and the quality and level of detail was so much better than virtually everything else I'd seen locally. You don't see it in photos but you notice it in the flesh, tiny details which make a big difference when compared side by side. When I change to a T6 I would like to stay local but looking around at various conversions I always see something that makes me think "Exploria wouldn't have done that", so I think I will end up making the trip again. That's not to say that the converters in Dorset are no good, in fact most are really good, it's just that Exploria's workmanship stands out for me.

View attachment 3551 I got them to fit a battery monitor as I don't have a leisure battery. Maybe over the top but it was also done with a view to fitting a leisure battery at a later date!
Wow! that looks the business! You must be really pleased mate...I can't wait to get mine booked in with them after Christmas for almost the same jobs as yours plus their Kombi bed. Did you get a heater fitted??

Wow! that looks the business! You must be really pleased mate...I can't wait to get mine booked in with them after Christmas for almost the same jobs as yours plus their Kombi bed. Did you get a heater fitted??
No......they're a lot of money when you factor in the leisure battery.......but I did get them to do some prep for a leisure battery just in case. Maybe next year??????

I am not really looking to comment on the quality of the work done by Exploria........... because they make it so difficult to find out!

I phoned last week and spoke to a lady there who said she'd E-mail me a spreadsheet with their pricing on........... an E-mail for goodness sake nothing has landed.

Called again this morning.
Apparently you need an appointment to even drop by and spend 10 mins talking to someone, and it's going to be a fortnight before I can do that..........

Exactly who is the customer here? It must be nice to have a business that produces such good quality work that you can employ someone to answer phone and deflect potential customers.

Their work may be of the highest standard, but I'll never find out, T6 arrives end June/Early July the search for a decent Yorkshire insulation/window and carpet liner continues.........

Very disappointing.

Can anyone provide any advice on who else to try in Yorkshire?

Does it have to be Yorkshire? there are loads of other places can help and do work as good if not better

I'm not totally glued to Yorkshire, I was just hoping to get the work done within a reasonable distance from home (which is near Haworth) just in case there's any post fit snagging to do. Any suggestions most welcome.

I see between Leeds & Manchester, I'm sure there is a converter around in Lancashire who posted on here, you could look in the recommend a business part of the forum

I used Skipton car Radio, nice people and liked their work. They aren't too far from you, you could pop down and see them.

I cant recommend their work enough, you do have to book in as they are so busy and you have to have the right person available for you, the fact that i drove from Monmouth South Wales should say enough :thumbsup:

Back