Roof-Spoiler fitting

Mine was stuck on with Teroson windscreen adhesive. Used primer in kit to key painted surface. Easy job. No issues.

Just ordered the banwy one, let's hope it's better than the pile of crap from maxton.

Hi Fellas, Just noticed the confusion above. Thanks for the concern. All seems to be well with my spoiler at the moment. I did indeed use the Dinitrol kit from Banwy as it was what they recommended and after a bit of a cock-up with a bumper protector order they sent me the kit for free (thanks Banwy!). I just used the instructions that came with it, didn't realise there was the potential for it to be different as I wasn't sticking glass to bodywork, it just said apply primer to both surfaces, so that's what I did. Seems ok so far. Cheers.

I used primer to, albeit for a diffarent adhesive. Mines stuck solid so you shouldn't have any issues.

@Amped , great van but you're no David Bailey with a camera !!! ;)
Lacking in the sleep department today only had 3hrs kip and just about to go back in for another shift. Will take some better Ines when my feet touch the ground

Apologise for the crap pics, it's a black metallic, was going to get it dipped but it was another 230 and wanted it for run the ring on 25th.

Haven’t drilled mine either, still solid after 2 years. Just used dinitrol kit from Banwy.

After the big dilemma of whether to bolt on or bond on my rear spoiler, I decided to do both (BELT AND BRACES) the studs that came with the kit were to short so I had to cut two new ones 45/50 mm long, as a tip to mark the holes, first line up your spoiler and mark its position on the tailgate when you are happy using a fine nibbed felt pen, I then used bluetack molded around the holes in the spoiler, then re aligned the spoiler and pressed down to leave an impression of where the holes should be, carefully drilled the holes and treated with anti rust compound, checked again for perfect fit and then applied a decent bead of tiger seal 10mm in from edges to allow for spread, then simply re fitted and gently tightened the nuts on the studs. Very happy with end result and no worries of spoiler coming off on the motorway!!!

(Sorry forgot to mention, I keyed the surfaces with a fine emery paper and then cleaned with a degreasing agent supplied by my paint sprayer).

Please note this is defiantly a two person job, ( a thank you to the wife X)

20190324_180524.jpg

20190324_180632.jpg

20190324_180659.jpg

20190324_180552.jpg

Last edited:
nice job toonaroon. like it a lot
it is in my colour as well
may i ask where you purchased and how much ?
was it pre painted ?
many thanks

Bought the spoiler from van-tech at a show for £60 this was a show price, comes already primed.

The cost to have painted including paint £120 (Bamboo Garden Green Metallic)

Fitting, two buckets of sweat.

Hope this helps.

Bought the spoiler from van-tech at a show for £60 this was a show price, comes already primed.

The cost to have painted including paint £120 (Bamboo Garden Green Metallic)

Fitting, two buckets of sweat.

Hope this helps.

thanks toonaroon
am a bit concerned about my eyesight now you mentioned the colour !!!!
it looks blue in the first 3 pics. just looked more closely at the 4th pic and i can see the green
thanks

Back