It's a bit of a different thing but mine's over here on my tinkering thread:

20230214_144624-jpg.204082

Last edited:
Ours was an Exploria conversion back in 2017, and having lived with it now since then I can honestly say they got it pretty much spot on.
DSCF0180.JPGDSCF0171.JPGDSCF0175.JPGFile_005.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
When we got the van in 2019 it was already converted, it had a 130 wide RIB bed and the fridge was in a cabinet that stuck out a fair bit and cut into the floorspace. We deliberated for ages and after looking at loads of layouts at the NEC back to Tom at VW-T. A normal size RIB bed and birch ply cabinetry and a bamboo worktop. Original fridge retained with new sink and hob. We now have a pot more storage and space for Rita when we go on our year off

20240217_090045.jpg

20240217_090055.jpg

Hi - I like this - we've been struggling to find a supplier for this type of kitchen, keeping the rear window visible and having a curved tambour for just a little but more knee room when the driver seat is swivelled around. Can I ask who your supplier was please? And did they supply only, or was it supply and fit? Thanks x

Where is the space for the bottle opener? :oops:
Ha, I knew some would mention this. Funnily I put the drawer back in the van and thought its missing something. I am happy to report there is a now a bottle opener between the lighter and the ladle.

Reactions: CAB
Thanks!

Really useful to have extra storage to keep those items that could potentially be in cupboards/drawers and obstructed by the bed. So its good to have it as a storage option when planning what goes where.

The LED light on that cupboard is also worth having, it can be dimmed low enough to be used as a night light in bed/sleep mode, or cranked up bright enough when loading the back of the van for a trip.

I’ve never banged my head on it either :)

I’ve now added rear speakers to my Evo Overhead locker. We will no longer be deafened by children’s music in the cab area.

IMG_7931.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

IMG_8009.jpeg

IMG_8011.jpeg

IMG_8017.jpeg

All completely home made and custom designed by me. Fits to the caravelle seat rails, and electrics powered via a 50a Anderson connector and fuse box, so (with a bit of work) it can be fully removed with zero modifications to the van.
1000007350.jpg
1000007355.jpg
1000007381.jpg
1000007341.jpg

Last edited:
@TallPaul_S. Very, very good job there and a good choice of colour (it’s the same as mine!). Are those seats OEM, after market covers or reupholstered please?

Back