Speed limits T32 - France

Anyone know if I need to observe lower speed limits in France in my T32 like I do in the UK (dual carriageways etc)? Thanks

Thanks. I’d seen that but still wasn’t entirely sure. I assumed from that, that it’s different from the uk and a T32 is subject to the same speed limits as t28/30 etc and cars. Just thought it was worth checking as there is so much knowledge here

The speed limit rule for motor caravans relates to vehicles with an unladen weight in excess of 3050kg.
The 3200kg of a T32 is its laden weight or Gross Vehicle Weight.
I was under the impression that a T32 is subject to the same speed limits as a converted T30/T28 etc.
I’m pretty sure there’s no different speed limit applied to the T32 in mainland Europe. I couldn’t find it when I’ve looked in the past.

The speed limit rule for motor caravans relates to vehicles with an unladen weight in excess of 3050kg.
The 3200kg of a T32 is its laden weight or Gross Vehicle Weight.
I was under the impression that a T32 is subject to the same speed limits as a converted T30/T28 etc.
I’m pretty sure there’s no different speed limit applied to the T32 in mainland Europe. I couldn’t find it when I’ve looked in the past.
Thanks - well I’ve looked too and also couldn’t find anything so it’s good to know I’m not the only one who has tried! I’d hate to come home to a pile of speeding tickets!!

Thanks for your response

I’ve done France, Spain and Portugal last couple of years, and all the way through Germany to Norway previously and not got any tickets.
Did research and couldn’t find anything.

I have a 3500kg Hymer and have been to Europe many times, it's the same speed as a car. I've not had any tickets in the 7+ yrs with this van.
I'm no expert but I do the same speeds as a car in this country too and I've not had any tickets.

I have a 3500kg Hymer and have been to Europe many times, it's the same speed as a car. I've not had any tickets in the 7+ yrs with this van.
I'm no expert but I do the same speeds as a car in this country too and I've not had any tickets.
This thread might be worth a quick read - in my T32 I have to observe different speed limits in the UK but your vehicle is probably classified differently Speed limits/ DVLA / Motor Caravan / Dual Purpose / N1 and all that malarkey.

Back