Split Charger Wiring - Nemo DX1230

Afternoon all,

I’m replacing my dumb relay which was dead in my 2016 T6 for a Nemo DX1230, as sold by split charge. It’s a smart unit suited to a smart alternator and so far the main wiring has gone smoothly.

What I am stuck on are two smaller wires hardwired into the unit, one for ignition and one for a sensor - the instructions don’t really give much on this.
  1. The ignition wire - the pictorial instructions show this connected to the alternator positive connection but that is a little bit of a chew - is it just an ignition live I'm looking for? Would the cigarette lighter or similar work?
  2. The sensor wire - the instructions are vague and simply advice 'connect sensor' but I'm not actually sure what that is for nor where it should connect. It is however fitted with a long wire and a ring terminal - I wondered if I need to run this to the main engine battery?
I know these are not common amongst you guys but hoping your electrical wizardry will shed some light. I have enquired with splitcharge themselves who have been amazing to date but they’re shut for the weekend and I’d like to tidy the job up tomorrow.

Many thanks for your time!

So it's a DC-DC charger?

If you had a basic split charge relay before then just use it wire that triggered that it will be fine, it just needs a signal to charge and that should be as good as any and already in the right place?

Then manual states it has a combined voltage compensation wire and temperature sensor and that it should be attached to the positive terminal of the battery it is charging. It's job is to measure the voltage at the battery (to account for voltage drop in the high current charge line) and vary the charge voltage with battery temperature.

This seems to be a detailed manual:

Thank you very much for that link - having a paper instruction manual I never assumed to search for it online but find the one in your link quite a lot more helpful!

Back