Steeeeve's T6 build thread...

Steeeeve

Teacher
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Decided to keep a build thread for the new van.
Iridium grey T30 swb 150tsi baseline panel van with business pack (reverse sensors and air con).
So far I have removed the bulkhead and the ply lining kit and all interior panels except the roof lining (which will have to be replaced as it is damaged).
It was nice and warm yesterday so sound proofing added inside. was hoping to do insulation today but it's a bit too cold. If the sun comes out later I'll get straight back on it!P2170046.JPG
Photo's will be added!

Last edited:
Not yet! Seats are coming out as soon as I have a couple of days to spare. Have you done this? Not sure whether a spot weld drill bit will be any good. May be a day or two with the angle grinder otherwise.

I’ve not but I would give my power file a go on the spots. I think a bit more controllable and less spark shower. Its basically a 1/2” hand held belt sander (available at Screwfix).

Ian

My experience with the spot weld driller was 30 years ago changing sills, A panels and rear valence on a classic mini.

Mini’s were entirely built of spot welds! I assume BMW have changed that (at the expense of style!)

I did it with brute force and ignorance, not a spot weld drill bit, as they were so difficult to find for the sake of one job ever.

Glad I’ve only got to do that once! I used these (thanks for the suggestion Paynewright).D75E0892-29CF-4849-9AB9-3AC82F2BF7F0.jpeg

Back