Possibly a stupid question, but what is the cost to replace the spare wheel?

I note that tyres are 215/60R17 and both tyre and wheel need to be suitably load rated and minimum of 17" to accommodate the bigger discs on T32?

Spare.JPG

Although scrap yards are better registered than before, and they allegedly don't deal in cash, paying direct into the scrap man's account.
Just a thought, how difficult is it, to remove a Ford Transit spare. Hence why target VW's!
Had a theft reported to me 1 day of a Bedford TK gearbox. Held on by 4 large bolts. The owner went to a cafe and the gearbox weighing 2cwt was gone in under 15 minutes.
Same as padlocks, chains etc, travellers (mostly) now use battery grinders. Best chain and lock won't stop a diamond blade. Another reason for rear security cameras. If I only knew which was the best to buy.
I like the idea of the hole cutter.

Possibly a stupid question, but what is the cost to replace the spare wheel?

I note that tyres are 215/60R17 and both tyre and wheel need to be suitably load rated and minimum of 17" to accommodate the bigger discs on T32?

I bought the 17” wheel from the forums market place for £39 inc delivery and a part worn tyre from eBay for £24 inc delivery, I sometimes see full sets of GP steels on Facebook market place for around £100 with tyres so if you got lucky you could easily sell the remaining 3 on here.

Still ,one positive I didn't have my spare RR Banded Steels underneath......I was going to adapt the cage to take it..!
Just thought they would be after the tyres because I know they are valuable but who wants a tyre with little tread left .can't believe there's much scrap value in an aluminum wheel and you have to register at the scrap yard nowadays!
Thieving Croats will nick owt ,just because they can......wether there's value or not........in this case it was a brand new tyre on a brand new alloy..:rolleyes:j

Hi guys,
I've fallen victim to spare wheel theft on my kombi t6.1 , anyone got a 17” davenport for sale? Im in surrey/sw london area, also any advice for best way to secure it!!

Thanks
Gripperz

The less expensive security bolt does not include the shroud to stop the scrotes from attacking the security bolt with a pair of mole grips (i.e. it can be undone )
@TrevorK Has added a shroud to prevent the issue, (ingenious) which is similar set up to Spare safe and requires no mods.

Would a SpareSafe fit a T6 Caravelle? Called a website who said it wouldn’t but couldn’t explain why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back