Suspension woes-but not when warmed up?

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi all. I have a T6.1, SWB, Kombi, 71 plate with 60k + on it, and I've had it from new. I had Koni shocks and 40mm lowered springs fitted, ( supplied by CRS) the day I got it, along with some 18" alloys and run 235/55's. Originally the ride was very good, compared to my previous T6, but the last few months I've noticed a change not only in the ride, but noises going over bumps etc, and generally feeling different. There was a definite clunk from the front going over speed bumps and an almost constant clanking from the rear at low speeds. So off it went to my local garage, who found a joint on the front ARB broken and they replaced this. This made a difference, but the noises from the rear are still there. We shook the van around whilst a mechanic was under it in a pit, but to no avail, and visually they can't find anything loose or wearing or anything obviously wrong. They're at a loss, as am I , but we all agree there's something very wrong at the back of the vehicle, and they've basically said we'll have to wait until something breaks or falls off.

Now here's the kicker, an hour or so of driving, and no noises! What the hell? What in the suspension components would cease to creak, clank whatever, after a few hours of driving?

Help please.

Back