T6.1 Alpine 16.5cm Speaker Set with Sub & Amp

Hey guys, I bought the Alpine SPC-106T6 speakers and I will have it installed soon including a basic door sound deadening, but I'm now stuck if I should also buy the amplifier & subwoofer??
Can you give heads up?
It's about 300 EUR, so like it's costly imo, and I find the OEM to be a bit flat, but okay.
I really don't need subwoofer, but I wonder if the amplifier gets me a better sound.
Basically 2x better sound, because it's twice the price now.
---
Okay, the OP had the same question and kept without amplifier, so that's what I'll do.

Here's a video of the install:

And they say its "massive improvement"

Didn't even use the dsp/subwoofer!! So all good.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I bought the Alpine SPC-106T6 speakers and I will have it installed soon including a basic door sound deadening, but I'm now stuck if I should also buy the amplifier & subwoofer??
Can you give heads up?
It's about 300 EUR, so like it's costly imo, and I find the OEM to be a bit flat, but okay.
I really don't need subwoofer, but I wonder if the amplifier gets me a better sound.
---
Okay, the OP had the same question and kept without amplifier, so that's what I'll do.

I put the full system in and very impressed with the sound quality.

Just got it installed.
Sounds very good...
I won't be getting the dsp/sub - it does sound good enough.
It's not a blast as in my other car with Focal set for $5k, but it definitely improved over stock.
And it looks fire.

80fe47ff-2d59-4d5f-9d4f-ff5fe131ba7b.jpeg

424f8a40-3921-4893-9ec4-133367512037 - kopie.jpeg

34250869-df5c-45e7-9f44-9a4b8c4d3d00 - kopie.jpeg

Alpine 16.5cm T6.1 speaker set - review copied from same thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as you've had them installed for a while, could you give me an unbiased opinion on them?!

I have a T6.1 which I am in the process of sound deadening, lining etc. but to be honest I am rather underwhelmed with the current audio set up!

I appreciate the 'proper' route is amp, sub etc. etc. but for a quick DIY upgrade are these worth it??

I haven't the £££'s (nor ever will have a justification for in fairness) to go 'whole-hog' and I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Cheers

Seeing as you've had them installed for a while, could you give me an unbiased opinion on them?!

I have a T6.1 which I am in the process of sound deadening, lining etc. but to be honest I am rather underwhelmed with the current audio set up!

I appreciate the 'proper' route is amp, sub etc. etc. but for a quick DIY upgrade are these worth it??

I haven't the £££'s (nor ever will have a justification for in fairness) to go 'whole-hog' and I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Cheers
A world beyond the stock speakers.
To be totally honest I also had a sub fitted (also for sale here) so would be difficult for me to comment on speakers alone, but they're a very popular replacement over the stock for the price.

I'm sure many on here will just have the speakers fitted and can comment more but with the sub I had I was impressed.

Only selling as had new head unit, sub move (under seat) and new sub install, and new speakers cabling etc as part of a signature setup

Iv just the 4 alpine speakers, no sub, it definitely makes a difference from the stock factory speakers, I had the front doors sound deadening kit fitted at the same time which I’d imagine is essential to stop any rattles.
That kit for sale would be a bargain, I’m gutted iv got no space under my front seats for the sub.

I have the 8inch ones in my t6. With a well sound deadened door and a decent stereo with a class d amp or new model halo stereo then you don't need a sub. The Bass of them is very deep with great highs from the tweeters. You can't go wrong really.

Can you give heads up?
---

Where can you get the Alpine amp and subwoofer for 300 Euros?
Please tell me!
Ben

I am 99% going for the Alpine SPC-D84AT6 sub but have a few questions, out of the box this unit will power the rear and front speakers as a plug and play installation? is it possible to adjust the base from the sub, whats it like fitted under the drivers seat?

I am 99% going for the Alpine SPC-D84AT6 sub but have a few questions, out of the box this unit will power the rear and front speakers as a plug and play installation? is it possible to adjust the base from the sub, whats it like fitted under the drivers seat?
So on the box (and in a court of law) the accompanying amp will power the front and rears but the rear is completely inaudible to my 55 yr old ears unless I literally put my ear to them. I got my mobile installer back and I now drive the rears from the headunit and just the fronts/sub from the amp.

I dont know what head unit you have as to whether it will allow sub adjustment but the sub has no adjustment options on it. The amp has DSP inbuilt that has been especially made for the T6/6.1 so it shouldn't need adjustment. I have an Alpine headunit that does give me some adjustment.

It is downward firing so you won't feel anything from the drivers seat unless you've got banging tunes at volume 11 and then maybe it would feel appropriate that you get to feel it a bit? Overall it made a huge difference to the Alpine front speakers and the system is now pretty gourmet. Really well balanced, great separation and proper punchy bass.

If ur ever nearby KT2 ur welcome to play.
Ben

So on the box (and in a court of law) the accompanying amp will power the front and rears but the rear is completely inaudible to my 55 yr old ears unless I literally put my ear to them. I got my mobile installer back and I now drive the rears from the headunit and just the fronts/sub from the amp.

I dont know what head unit you have as to whether it will allow sub adjustment but the sub has no adjustment options on it. The amp has DSP inbuilt that has been especially made for the T6/6.1 so it shouldn't need adjustment. I have an Alpine headunit that does give me some adjustment.

It is downward firing so you won't feel anything from the drivers seat unless you've got banging tunes at volume 11 and then maybe it would feel appropriate that you get to feel it a bit? Overall it made a huge difference to the Alpine front speakers and the system is now pretty gourmet. Really well balanced, great separation and proper punchy bass.

If ur ever nearby KT2 ur welcome to play.
Ben
I have the VW Discovery Pro head In a 22 plate California

Cheers
You’re welcome to meet up with me and listen to my set up with the Alpine set up.
I can check out your DSG set up at the same time

Back