If I’ve understood correctly your measurements show, 110-130 min to max travel and a sweet spot for drive height of between 105-135 below standard (20-50mm below max) so if that new kit could do the same range of travel but drivable about 20mm higher that would be interesting. If that means the aired out position is also 20mm higher then I guess it would be interesting to see if that gave a sufficiently slammed look to justify the expense.

I’m going on air next week thanks to Chris at Lowdown transporters. Those who are on air already did you do your anti roll bars at the same time? Not bothered or to do? Those that have does it make much difference?

I’m going on air next week thanks to Chris at Lowdown transporters. Those who are on air already did you do your anti roll bars at the same time? Not bothered or to do? Those that have does it make much difference?
If you have a T32 on air Chris told me there is no real gain as the ARB’s are a decent size and I would not see much difference updating them. Chris said I would rather you not waste your money.

If you have a T32 on air Chris told me there is no real gain as the ARB’s are a decent size and I would not see much difference updating them. Chris said I would rather you not waste your money.
He's talking complete crap. ARB's make a huge difference.

Even more so on Air, if you want to run lower with softer bags you get improved roll control. The £500 ARB's cost vs the £5k+ on air, the "waste your money" line is complete nonsense.

I upgraded my ARBs (to H&R) at the same time I had the solows installed. I've read that they hamper the ability to go ultra-low (maybe I'm misunderstanding that), but I wanted my van to be rock steady. Installing both at the same time means I don't have any context to the question about whether the ARB upgrade is necessary/better...but what I can tell you is that with both, my van has almost zero roll.

Last edited:
He's talking complete crap. ARB's make a huge difference.

Even more so on Air, if you want to run lower with softer bags you get improved roll control. The £500 ARB's cost vs the £5k+ on air, the "waste your money" line is complete nonsense.
Having been out for a ride in his van yesterday when I dropped mine off, it seemed to handle very well.

I have a few questions as I’m looking at installing a kit myself. Is it right you have to relocate the headlight sensor on vans with auto headlights? Roughly how many metres of airline do you need per van (obviously it’s dependant on the tank location)where do you mount the tank on a 4motion???

I have a few questions as I’m looking at installing a kit myself. Is it right you have to relocate the headlight sensor on vans with auto headlights? Roughly how many metres of airline do you need per van (obviously it’s dependant on the tank location)where do you mount the tank on a 4motion???
The sensor for auto headlights isn't affected by air ride. If you meant the level sensor for LED headlight levelling then no, this also doesn't need relocating. On a height based management system that has it's own level sensors you can purchase mounting brackets specifically for the transporter. At the front, this means that the headlight level sensor and air ride level sensor share the same lower bracket, but nothing is relocated.

On a 4Motion, if you choose to mount the tank externally, under the van, you will need to remove the spare wheel and mount the tank there. The rear diff is in the way of the normal mounting location.

Included in the kit when purchasing Airlift Performance management is 60ft of air line in your chosen diameter of either 3/8" or 1/4". This is enough to do either a SWB or LWB van with the tank mounted either in the spare wheel well or just forward of the spare wheel in non 4motion vans.

Well it’s done and now a member of team air. I’ve ordered some 15 mm spacers and longer bolts for the rear but other than that I’m stoked h&r arbs, SoLow air with extra low rear bags and airlift 3p new Navis unknowns in anthracite.

2EDE9401-B182-4E7E-A97C-0F81B17F4EA2.jpeg

B78C76F3-D070-4E83-A525-62AA84E089B4.jpeg

4FDA89B4-DE36-4309-B55B-FF584C1D89AD.jpeg

Back