Thanks... I like the thought of the challenge to do it myself, but also the idea of getting a company with experience of installing air to do it without me having any of the hassles :D
I suppose doing it yourself is not to be taken lightly. You need at least 2 jacks and stands (If not the loan of a workshop with a lift) spring compressors to release top mounts, voltage testers for wiring, riv nut tool for mounting fixing points etc. Some of which you wouldn't normally have in your workshop set up. And fault finding any potential leaks in the future. Maybe a reputable installer would be better for the majority. I would have considered it more myself if I lived near anywhere local. I'd like to say I enjoyed the challenge, but after two 12 hour days at it, dropping and rolling under the van, I was like a broken biscuit and swore I'd never do it again.!

Looks awesome.

I would love to put air on mine but just don’t have the money unfortunately ☹️
i'm having that battle at the moment. love it low but have already eaten 2 splitters in car pars when talking the dog for a long walks or mtb

i'm having that battle at the moment. love it low but have already eaten 2 splitters in car pars when talking the dog for a long walks or mtb
Know the feeling only too well.... My solow low's with modified top mounts are making it nearly impossible to get in and out of my driveway without scrapping the ground (even on the highest setting). Like most, the switch to solow lows was intended as a final change, but has became temporary until i do finally bite the bullet and go for air.

Know the feeling only too well.... My solow low's with modified top mounts are making it nearly impossible to get in and out of my driveway without scrapping the ground (even on the highest setting). Like most, the switch to solow lows was intended as a final change, but has became temporary until i do finally bite the bullet and go for air.
yh same I'm on Solow Lows. Ride quality is ace but not always the most practical for what the vans primarily used or lol but thats my fault not the suspension or van. Air will sort that once we sort some house improvements

Here is another one that I’ve bagged at The Van Cave recently.

It’s a stunning black example on ABP bags and struts and Airlift 3P management.

I can supply and fit 5 different kits from ABP and Solow and 5 different management options from Accuair, Airlift and Solow.

Whatever you need from an air suspension installation you can be sure that I’ve got the right solution.

IMG_3392.jpeg
IMG_3370.jpeg
IMG_3400.jpeg

did you just a have the notches on the rear or on the front as well?
No notches at the front, only on the rear. Front is limited by tyre size on this van (245/40 20), which to be honest it usually is, even with something as small as a 235/35 20 tyre, but larger tyres obviously mean it'll sit up slightly more at the front.

If you look through all the vans I've done on my Instagram, none of them have had any work done at the front. Even my old demo van which was T32 and on 235/35 tyres had no additional work done and that's fairly low. Not officially lowdown low, but pretty good.

You only really need to notch the front to chase big lows. You would be looking at removing the wing seam and cutting back the wing mounting bracket before you needed any notching of the front chassis rails though. Slightly different on a T6.1 due to the shape of the ARB, a bit more involved in getting them really low.

Here is another one that I’ve bagged at The Van Cave recently.

It’s a stunning black example on ABP bags and struts and Airlift 3P management.

I can supply and fit 5 different kits from ABP and Solow and 5 different management options from Accuair, Airlift and Solow.

Whatever you need from an air suspension installation you can be sure that I’ve got the right solution.

View attachment 259889
View attachment 259890
View attachment 259891
What Mudflaps are that van @The Van Cave

I suppose doing it yourself is not to be taken lightly. You need at least 2 jacks and stands (If not the loan of a workshop with a lift) spring compressors to release top mounts, voltage testers for wiring, riv nut tool for mounting fixing points etc. Some of which you wouldn't normally have in your workshop set up. And fault finding any potential leaks in the future. Maybe a reputable installer would be better for the majority. I would have considered it more myself if I lived near anywhere local. I'd like to say I enjoyed the challenge, but after two 12 hour days at it, dropping and rolling under the van, I was like a broken biscuit and swore I'd never do it again.!
Same here, I fitted air to my last van on the drive. Interesing and satisfying when done. I wont be doing it myself again.

Back