The California Concept…

I like that and there a lot of cool features but already being an VW EV owner, I’d wait for the Buzz.
Went to a dealer today and saw the buzz and a multivan. TBH the buzz doesn’t do it for me and if I’m completely honest I’m not totally taken with the multi either, but it’s something I could get into over my 6.1 where as the buzz is just a no. Suppose I’ll just have to wait to see a cali in the flesh. Shame because I had a raft of upgrades lined up for the 6.1 that now will go on the back burner until I make my mind up on the T7 cali

Went to a dealer today and saw the buzz and a multivan. TBH the buzz doesn’t do it for me and if I’m completely honest I’m not totally taken with the multi either, but it’s something I could get into over my 6.1 where as the buzz is just a no. Suppose I’ll just have to wait to see a cali in the flesh. Shame because I had a raft of upgrades lined up for the 6.1 that now will go on the back burner until I make my mind up on the T7 cali
What didn’t you like about the Buzz?

The styling is obviously personal, and I like the retro look combined with ultra modern technology.

In terms of price, having had a quick look on Autotrader a T6.1 T32 will now set you back £75k+, although if I’m honest the Buzz really is a load of money too, but I still love them!

It’s going to be interesting to see how much the Buzz depreciates compared to a T6 as I’ve always thought that a T6 doesn’t lose much.

The styling is obviously personal, and I like the retro look combined with ultra modern technology.

In terms of price, having had a quick look on Autotrader a T6.1 T32 will now set you back £75k+, although if I’m honest the Buzz really is a load of money too, but I still love them!

It’s going to be interesting to see how much the Buzz depreciates compared to a T6 as I’ve always thought that a T6 doesn’t lose much.
Fair comment, it’s hard to accept that the figures being bantered about of 65k for a T7 cali are viable given the value of the 6.1 at present.

My immediate thought was, are VW heading away from small/medium commercial and focussing on the car based platforms?

I like the aesthetics of it, though I’m not sure it would work for 2 adults, 2 kids and a border collie for a week in Scotland. Looks like it’s better suited as fancy picnic vehicle.

Last edited:
No way they will lose commercial van sector … my theory is they are treading water until hydrogen or battery tech catches up

Reactions: Bav
VW
What are you doing ??
This is a sure way of loosing your iconic status.
Sorry not for me
The key thing is (and i think this applies to even current ‘standard’ kitchen layouts with side kitchen and units and narrow rock-and-roll beds) that it LOOKS good.
So it sells… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So dress up Transits in VW clothing until a better non-diesel tech appears? I suppose it saves investing in more diesel and I suspect there is still a hangover from “the scandal” that may be helped a little by new vans having a Ford plant. They may have more success with the Ford in USA too.

Well, the T7 California is official. In Coast, Beach and Ocean trims.

If they're making these then I doubt the new T7 commercial platform will see a California for a good few years.

He estimated 60k (euros) for the base model and around 100k for a fully loaded one. They seem to have lost a bit of bling from the concept, I’m on the fence at the moment I think. Auto express saying orders available around June so maybe dealer viewing soon

Last edited:
Well it looks quite pretty but the lower bed seems a right faff to me vs the Rib bed we use in our van today. Overall I think it seems less practical than our T6.1 conversion, although I do like the twin sliding doors and PHEV drive train. Still, a little compromised for me and despite the fact I have bought in to the EV future (our family car is full electric), I'm happy to stick with diesel for the next 5-7 years of van usage.

Well it looks quite pretty but the lower bed seems a right faff to me vs the Rib bed we use in our van today. Overall I think it seems less practical than our T6.1 conversion, although I do like the twin sliding doors and PHEV drive train. Still, a little compromised for me and despite the fact I have bought in to the EV future (our family car is full electric), I'm happy to stick with diesel for the next 5-7 years of van usage.
Aye it looks a right faffy wee dinky vehicle.
The fit-out all has an *immediately* designed look… but the more I watched the more it all looked very airplane style and flimsy. I really don’t think it will all wear well at all.

At the moment I can get my mountain bike (wheels off) between the front seats in the van (6.1) with the rock and roll bed down, important security for me. Can’t see this as being possible with the cali bed and seat arrangement.

Back