The definitive remapped/deleted thread.

temporarysecretary

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I thought it would be a good idea to collate some info from owners that have remapped vans and/or deleted components like EGR, DPF etc.

There is lots of info that pops up on I individual threads and I think we need a place to talk first hand info from owners to help others that are thinking about that path.

Usual caveats apply. We all know that mods may be for off road use only, invalidate warranties and insurances.

To get it going:
So who has done what?
How's the reliability and performance?
How's the fuel economy changed?
How many miles since the mods?
Why did you do it?
Would you do it again?

good idea . . .

id start the ball rolling, but both vans are factory stock.

so lets see it,

So who has done what?
How's the reliability and performance?
How's the fuel economy changed?
How many miles since the mods?
Why did you do it?

Would you do it again?

So who has done what? Remap from 102 to 155 at TH Performance in Havant (Pendle Agent)

How's the reliability and performance? Way better performance. In terms of power delivery & the van having an extra kick at roughly 3000 Revs when required.

Reliability = No issues as yet **Touches (allegedly) wooden head**

Has the fuel economy changed? No

How many miles since the mods? Roughly 20k

Why did you do it? I found the Factory Map for the 102 almost dangerous pulling out at busy roundabouts in the morning. Likewise overtaking slower moving vehicles. Also found it completely gutless when climbing moderately steep hills. I drive a loaded van 100% of the time, which will play a part. The map has changed that to an acceptable level whilst keeping everything with regards to torque delivery within safe parameters. I was aware of the risk involved & popped a bit of money aside in case the clutch etc shat it’s pants as a result of the tinkering & it’s currently still sat there a year later.

Would you do it again? Yep

EGR delete and remap at 29,654 miles in August 2021.
Van now on 38,900 miles, no issues, passed 3 MOT's since.
Did it because it cost £250 and a new EGR would have been over a £1000 and would have needed replacing again eventually. Also not happy about all the soot and sh1t being pumped back through the engine, it can't be doing it any good.

Does anyone have any pictures of their exhaust after a DPF delete?

Also, do you have to use a 'friendly' MOT place or has it gone under the radar with visual checks.

Also, do you have to use a 'friendly' MOT place or has it gone under the radar with visual checks.

Assuming no obvious tampering, it'll pass. Smoke test wise, depends if it gives out any smoke. The strange thing is, it can pass the metered smoke test but be failed for emitting smoke visually!

As these engines only rev to 2,000'ish rpm, it'll probably not be a problem (unless mapped ECUs rev further??)

So who has done what? Remap of engine ECU and DSG software via @Dav-Tec
How's the reliability and performance? exceptional, I can get 50mpg at 75mph on long runs, however if i want to get somewhere quick this thing now shifts
How's the fuel economy changed? 50mpg on a long run @ 75mph
How many miles since the mods? 20,000 miles at least
Why did you do it? EGR split hence I blanked it and at the same time had the engine/DSG remapped
Would you do it again? In a heart beat, real time data logging hence the remap is bespoke to my engine and not an off the shelf remap. Highly rated

Had my TSI remapped by Pendle HQ themselves in 2020, but it soon became apparent that my van suffered from a hesitation/missing issue that others have also encountered with the Pendle TSI map. Pendle were less than helpful, so I ended up having it mapped again by @Dav-Tec with a DSG remap as well. They didn’t claim as much power (250 instead of 300 bhp) but I can’t really tell the difference. None of the maps made any noticeable difference to the economy and the DSG map is definitely worth having. In fact, running on LPG makes a bigger difference to the mpg, being about 3mpg worse.

Assuming no obvious tampering, it'll pass. Smoke test wise, depends if it gives out any smoke. The strange thing is, it can pass the metered smoke test but be failed for emitting smoke visually!

As these engines only rev to 2,000'ish rpm, it'll probably not be a problem (unless mapped ECUs rev further??)
That's why I'd quite like to see a picture of how it's usually done. How clean/obvious it looks.

I decatted a petrol track car in the past that I was able to hollow out from the inside which obviously was impossible to tell from under the car.

Back