To buy a T6.1 or not??

Had my 6.1 delivered Tuesday very impressed steering light etc.When I test drove it I noticed the heater blower wasn’t working the dealer ordered one from Germany took two weeks to arrive and it wasn’t that didn’t find out what is was in the end but ok now.Detatchable tow hitch fitted as I tow a caravan and very impressed whilst towing.I’m still getting used to the steering wheel controls as I’ve never had them before. I want to get a reversing camera fitted also.I had a T5 a few years ago but had to get an Isuzu to tow a 3.5t trailer glad I’m back to a Dub

I hope this is in the right thread.

Reactions: CAB
Great choice ! You mention towing, what engine did you go for? I do a lot of towing with my T32 Kombi both with my caravan 1800kg and race car transporter 2400kg - not at the same time!! . The van tow’s brilliantly well, very stable even when fully loaded with 5 adults and all the kit in the rear. The van is a totally practical vehicle for everything I need. Enjoy yours

IMG_2363.jpeg

150ps 2.0 ltr lucky to get it as it was reserved but the poor guy couldn’t get finance apparently.Same colour as yours Ravenna blue by the looks of it I used to tow steam engine (in my avatar) with the T5 when it was being built but pushing my luck weight wise

@Padders, did you ever show your steam engine at any of the shows up north - Driffield or Whitby maybe?

Great choice ! You mention towing, what engine did you go for? I do a lot of towing with my T32 Kombi both with my caravan 1800kg and race car transporter 2400kg - not at the same time!! . The van tow’s brilliantly well, very stable even when fully loaded with 5 adults and all the kit in the rear. The van is a totally practical vehicle for everything I need. Enjoy yours

View attachment 263094
How many race BMWs do you have Robert ??

Must admit I’m still in shock at the prices. I’ve had sports cars and premium estate cars, yet a 2nd hand panel van is going to be the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever bought…
But, to look to the future, I’ve seen 10 year old T5’s with nearly 200k on the clock still fetch £15k. Maybe the cult following will remain strong and they’ll become future classics? Who knows?
But what I do know is if I had £75k to spend on a vehicle, it wouldn’t be a panel van with a bed in the back… it would be Italian racing red with tan leather interior and a prancing horse badge on both sides.

Back