Travelvolts - Martyn Blackwell

VanBlanc

Life is a Beach so we are back...
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Martyn, @travelvolts, is THE expert on leisure vehicle electrics and advice and his kit offers are the best (kit and price) you'll get. If it is't in his online store then you have to ask is it any good. and do not baulk at paying him a penny or two more - you WILL get it back in good advice. Also known elsewhere as Upspex :thumbsup:

travelvolts

Last edited by a moderator:
I can second this, i have spoken to him a couple times over the years and hes a top bloke and really knows his stuff

just wanted to add my nod for Martyn, @travelvolts, excellent service, parts and knowledge. I pestered him with so many questions before and after the purchase but he responded to each one.

system works a treat.

have recommended to friends here in Switzerland as nothing like that exists here...

I haven't understood what is this forum about. Is this forum about sharingor advice on their services Or promoting about their store. Would you please let me understand what is this forum about?
Hi @Janice McLawhorn, the forum (for me) is about T6 owners sharing advice and experience. This section of the forum in particular is about providing information of services/goods one has purchased and recommending the business to other forum users.

I don't visit this section too often but, its a good place to look if you are thinking of making a purchase.

Yes as above I made this section/sub forum for customers (us) to share experiences about businesses and purchases made etc
There are lots of companies out there mostly good but some bad and the good ones like in this case @travelvolts deserve a bit of limelight letting people know what they are all about and it helps people make informed decisions before parting with their hard earned cash

I just want to add to the comments above. I have a 2017 T6 and doing my own conversion. After reading various forums and noticing the free advice and help offered by travelvolts I contacted him for some advice on what I need to run my 12v system in my van. He advised and sorted me out a top kit, the instructions with full colour pics of an actual install were brilliant.
The kit was great, bespoke to my model of van and the fitting and tips on the cable run were spot on.
Martyn was able to process my order from wed afternoon and have it all delivered on Fri ready for me to fit at the weekend. I can recommend this seller.

Ditto. I've found Martyn to be a highly knowledgeable and supportive guy. I've bought all my electrical infrastructure via Travelvolts recently and it was an excellent experience. . He has all the installation PDF's online and is only a phone call or email away if you have a derrrr moment.
The best one stop shop for me :)

Allen

I just wanted to say a big thank to Martyn @travelvolts , kidderminster . It was almost a 7.5 hour round trip for me travelling down from west yorkshire to Kidderminster and then back home but it was well worth it. He made me feel very welcome ( thanks for the unlimited coffee :thumbsup: ) he did a very professional job and explained things thoroughly as to all the work done.
I wouldn't hesitate recommending Martyn to anyone who wants a very friendly and profesional job doing.

@travelvolts

Like many others on here i had great service from these guys, they made up my new ceiling LED lights and made them super easy to fit for me too. I would recommend them for sure 100% :thumbsup:

Reactions: Loz
Does anyone know when they reopen after Xmas/New Year? I cant see anything on the website. Thanks

One step backwards (broke off bracket for spare wheel swing out) so had to find someone who could gas weld, turns out it still couldn’t be done so had to dismantle the whole bumper off the van, weld it, then put it back on ! Only to find the winch refused to work, luckily I was on my way to see Martyn at Travelvolts who worked his magic and all my electrical gremlins have now been banished. Only leaves one page A4 list to get through and the van is ready !

8E262B39-8020-4A43-BC49-8137890789A5.jpeg

57678F7C-0BE4-4843-A316-134E393DAE14.jpeg

3C701314-3BB3-4F97-8531-070E48E61CE8.jpeg

Some of you guys know about the problems I have had and with my electrics since my van conversion 2 years ago. It came to a head at The Rutland weekend when the battery just kept failing and then I started to smell burning: I found a melted fuse and 3 connectors with burnt ends.

I was recommended to take the van to @travelvolts which I did. Martyn wrote me a report that basically said the the 'relay' that had been fitted (yes that old chestnut) was no good on a Euro6 engine & we should have had a DC-DC charger fitted, the fridge was not wired direct to the battery causing voltage drop which tripped out the fridge and some of the cable was the wrong gauge.

I took the report to the converter and they immediately agreed to pay for the restitution which Martyn did. The fridge has ran for 10 days solid with the battery (2x78ah in parallel) never falling below 75%. He also found other wiring issues when he got into it. I now constantly see 13.7 volts in the battery when driving. Before it fluctuated went from 11.5v to 14.9v.

I also had some bluetooth Victron monitors installed which clearly show my 100w solar panel is pushing out 29w at its max on a sunny day at noon but the voltage is in spec 18v-20v current with max @0.9a which is 4a below what i'd expect. So now I am in discussion with Solar technology about the panel which has a 10 year warranty.

If it has to be changed I may have paint issues on the roof when the bonding is removed: we'll just have to wait & see! However it is NOT going back to my original converter who will remain nameless.

Suffice to say thanks to Martyn - I can actually wild camp properly now!

Great result....

Keep us posted about the panel...

Back