Tyres - 205 on rear, 215 on front?

whodat

T6 Pro
Hi,
My spaceship came with Hankooks (205/65/16) on the rear and some weird tyre I have never heard of on the front (Sumitomo 727 - 205/65/16). It has done around 20k miles. 2wd/T30.
The Sumitomo are a complete hazard on grass - had to find out where the front tow bar was a couple of days after driving away from the dealers.
The tyres are ok on road but not tried them in an emergency situation. Luckily.

On the old van I had Michellin Agilis 51 and they were almost as good as having a 4wd on road/grass/snow so am going to stick with Michellin for now.

So -
Looking to get Michellin Agilis Cross Climates on the front - and leave the Hankooks that are on the rear till they need doing.
Would it be ok to to get 215/65/16 on the front whilst leaving the rear 205/65/16 tyres on?
Can't find any info anywhere about mixing 'quality' tyres across different axles - comparisons always seem to mix a budget tyre and a quality tyre then show a performance car aquaplaning in a lake.
I would ask the tyre shop, but they might have an ulterior motive.
Cheers.

It is generally considered that the tyres with the best grip are fitted to the rear to avoid oversteer, so really the Cross Climates should go on the rear until you can afford to fit them all round.

I did see that but thought that that was for rear-wheel drive - but does make sense for it to be either.
So - even if I did that - would mixing 205 and 215 be ok?
Thanks for the reply.

Back