Welcome new members

Good to have you @Itmo . You're quite right, if I had lurked too long I would never have bought! Best decision we ever made! Best of luck in sunny Wales, looking forward to those all important pictures!

Hi Everyone, I just joined the forum. I have bought a 2016 VW Multivan as project van to play around with, mainly for beach trips and to carry big things in it.

It is an unusual spec, being a Comfortline but having having a full leather interior. It was used as an airport transfer vehicle, and is in perfect condition, 158,000km on it with a full service history.

This was our first trip to the beach the weekend after we got it.

unnamed-1.jpg

I've had the windows re-tinted, as the old one was a funny blueish colour, and picked up some VW Amarok 18" wheel for $100, fitted some 235/55R18 tyres and this is what it looks like now, a great improvement already.

unnamed.jpg

This not my first build, sitting in the garage is my Unimog U1250.

KTUH9279.JPG

I have had a few other VAG vehicles, and have been using VCDS ( VAGCOM) since 2009.

I also have a 2005 Bentley Continental GT.

2020-12-10 10.22.49.jpg

Hi Everyone, I just joined the forum. I have bought a 2016 VW Multivan as project van to play around with, mainly for beach trips and to carry big things in it.

It is an unusual spec, being a Comfortline but having having a full leather interior. It was used as an airport transfer vehicle, and is in perfect condition, 158,000km on it with a full service history.

View attachment 234419

I've had the windows re-tinted, as the old one was a funny blueish colour, and picked up some VW Amarok 18" wheel for $100, fitted some 235/55R18 tyres and this is what it looks like now, a great improvement already.

View attachment 234420

View attachment 234421

I have had a few other VAG vehicles, and have been using VCDS ( VAGCOM) since 2009.

View attachment 234422
Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing that in Oz, unlike the UK, tinting the front side widows is legal? If only we had enough sun to justify the same rules... heavy sigh.

Reactions: CAB
Good morning!

I have a '19 T6 Startline that I've used as a work van the past couple of years but will be converting to a light camper or 'day van'. Probably going to pass on installing any plumbing for that reason. Watch this space!!
Hi @brisk80 , Good to see you on the forum, we are picture loving folk and love to see a good hard working Transporter in all its glory!

Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing that in Oz, unlike the UK, tinting the front side widows is legal? If only we had enough sun to justify the same rules... heavy sigh.
Thanks for the welcome. The front side windows are the 35% max legal tint, the rears are 5%, but they make the fronts look a lot darker.

We need them for the sun over here, it gets pretty hot.

Reactions: CAB
Thanks for the welcome. The front side windows are the 35% max legal tint, the rears are 5%, but they make the fronts look a lot darker.

We need them for the sun over here, it gets pretty hot.
Max tinting here is 75% for the windscreen and 70% for the front sides, which kind of spoils the aesthetics, but I guess we don't have the practical requirement that you guys do.

Max tinting here is 75% for the windscreen and 70% for the front sides, which kind of spoils the aesthetics, but I guess we don't have the practical requirement that you guys do.
I think we are the same for the windscreen over here.

Reactions: Bav

View attachment 234419

View attachment 234420

View attachment 234421

View attachment 234422
Mighty impressive fleet you have there, would like to see the Unimog in more detail. And not a bad part of the world to live too, was out in Bris for the Lions test in 2013, currently trying to get the long haired general to let me go again but a 3 week tour of Oz could end in divorce. :whistle:

Mighty impressive fleet you have there, would like to see the Unimog in more detail. And not a bad part of the world to live too, was out in Bris for the Lions test in 2013, currently trying to get the long haired general to let me go again but a 3 week tour of Oz could end in divorce. :whistle:
My wife has a YouTube channel, we did a video about the truck. Took me 6 years to build it.

Yes, seriously impressive. Can't wait to see what you do with your Transporter, though I suspect you don't need to do anything too wild with it given your alternative transport options. ;)

Yes, seriously impressive. Can't wait to see what you do with your Transporter, though I suspect you don't need to do anything too wild with it given your alternative transport options. ;)
Nothing to much, got a badgeless grill, spoiler, LEDs and will be putting some stripes /pinstripes on it (silver ones here are taxis -this was one before I bought it.) Just got it for a bit fun, something to take down to the beach and carry big things. Will take the third row of seats out, and have a swivel plate to fit on the passenger seat, subwoofer, speakers etc. If we want to go overnight, we will take the Unimog, but this will be great for day trips, and the most economical car we own.

Nothing to much, got a badgeless grill, spoiler, LEDs and will be putting some stripes /pinstripes on it (silver ones here are taxis -this was one before I bought it.) Just got it for a bit fun, something to take down to the beach and carry big things. Will take the third row of seats out, and have a swivel plate to fit on the passenger seat, subwoofer, speakers etc. If we want to go overnight, we will take the Unimog, but this will be great for day trips, and the most economical car we own.
Now you're talking our language - these are the sorts of things most of us get up to on here (with a few going that bit further).

Interior is in great condition, used for airport transfers and taking tourists around. Not sure what a normal spec Comfortline is, but it has a leather seats,has power doors, fancy dash, little table etc.

2024-03-13 13.19.41.jpg

I was in a pursuit with a Unimog many years ago. It was stolen from a farm in Peterborough and then driven all the way to the rural Berkshire/Wiltshire border. It was obviously NOT high speed but luckily they could not engage reverse gear to ram me. I later found out selecting reverse is not as simple as normal gear boxes. After busting through hedgerows to escape they decamped and a little while later a farmer reported 4 youths were on his quad bike and were stealing it. Then the buggers stole a Discovery and that was the last we heard. At least we got the Unimog back.

I was in a pursuit with a Unimog many years ago. It was stolen from a farm in Peterborough and then driven all the way to the rural Berkshire/Wiltshire border. It was obviously NOT high speed but luckily they could not engage reverse gear to ram me. I later found out selecting reverse is not as simple as normal gear boxes. After busting through hedgerows to escape they decamped and a little while later a farmer reported 4 youths were on his quad bike and were stealing it. Then the buggers stole a Discovery and that was the last we heard. At least we got the Unimog back.

Yes, on a Unimog, you need to put the whole transmission into reverse the use the normal gears. Mine is even more complicated, as I have pneumatic reverse and high/low range as I fitted a new transmission from the latest Unimog a couple of years ago, I leave it parked in low range, so unless you know how to work it,the top speed would 30kph.

Hi, I'm Glenn, from Belgium. Bought our first T6 a while ago (non runner). Had a few t4's and still have a few t5's.
This T6 was cheap with a cambelt failure, so thats the new project.
Welcome. I presume you like making life difficult for yourself?

Back