Hi , I am wanting to change my alloy wheels on my indium grey T6 , just wandered if anyone had pics they could post of theirs to give me some ideas of different options please

Loads of pics here that will help

Hi all. I believe I'm having a midlife crisis with alloy wheel selection for my van. I'm currently on set no. 3 and this week I feel I have fallen out of love with the current choice on the van :cry:

I currently own a natural grey T5.1 which is lowered around 40mm all around on KW STX coil overs. I've been through the 'Team Indium Grey' from page 1-120 multiple times for inspiration but nothing jumps out at me. I know exterior styling is a very personal choice but would like to hear opinions from you guys also.

Previous wheels;

1. Calibre Exile R 20" gloss black - 8.5J all round running 255/40/20 - I really didn't like how these wheels looked on the van, I felt they looked lost.
2. Leighton LV-1 20" gloss black - Staggered fitment running 275/40/20 - I just fell out of love with these wheels.
3. Leighton LV-2 20" gunmetal grey with polished faces running 275/40/20 - I do like these wheels but I feel there is too much going on with the shape and design.

I have posted some pictures below of my current setup and a set of alloys I'm strongly considering.

Current; Leighton LV-2 20" staggered gunmetal grey / polished face
Current 1.jpgCurrent 2.jpg

Considering; Veemann VFS25 20" staggered gloss graphite

Unsure if the gloss graphite is too close to the colour of the van or not!!
Considering 1.jpgConsidering 2.jpg

I do really like the Vossen VFS-1 20" staggered. I saw someone recently sold a set on the forum and they looked insane!! These were a similar graphite colour but on a starlight blue van but it looked incredible. The only issue with this wheel is the price tag, I don't think I could bring myself to spend so much on a set of alloys.

Plus SWMBO has no idea I feel this way towards the current wheels and she would strongly disapprove of this!

Any help with my van fashion would be hugely appreciated :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I agree with you on the current wheels, too fussy looking. Also I think the 275/40 looks too bulbeous on the front.

I'd go for a simpler wheel (like those Vossens) in either bright silver or black, with 265/40 :thumbsup:

Also I'd drop the van a little more, big wheels look so much better with a smaller arch gap.

I'm going to be no help whatsoever with this comment, you have already made your mind up on the Vossens :D Anything else will feel like a compromise and you'll be left jaded that you didn't spend the extra. I can help fabricate a receipt if it helps :rolleyes:

1654604718417.png

They do like nice :)
Agree on the grey looking too similar to the Indium Grey - I went with black / polished Supermetal Fin on mine and I love 'em...

1654604829314.png

I agree with you on the current wheels, too fussy looking. Also I think the 275/40 looks too bulbeous on the front.

I'd go for a simpler wheel (like those Vossens) in either bright silver or black, with 265/40 :thumbsup:

Also I'd drop the van a little more, big wheels look so much better with a smaller arch gap.
Totally agree on tyre choice for the fronts - I was going to remove them and sell them on and replace with either a 265/40 or a 245/45 but I thought it would be better to get the use out of them first and then replace. Who would have guessed that my heart would fall out of love with them so quickly that actually the entire alloy set and tyres now have to go :slow rofl:

I'm not 100% sold on the silver wheel choice as the colour. I think the shine to it really stands out and it's quite bold :confused: Ignore the alloy choice as I'm just trying to find a good colour combination that works well with the grey van and my very plain sense of style. On the other hand I have a lot of shiny gloss black bits on the van and the shine from the silver might compliment this.

Apologies if this is your van, I'm stealing photos from Google images!

Colour option 1.jpg

I think the gloss black is then a little too much gloss on the exterior, and with such good looking alloys with some fine details I believe the black loses that compared to a lighter colour!

Colour option 2.jpg

@BognorMotors - you guys are styling guru's, what would your thoughts on colour combinations? I do like the gunmetal / off silver colour

I'm not 100% sold on the silver wheel choice as the colour. I think the shine to it really stands out and it's quite bold :confused: Ignore the alloy choice as I'm just trying to find a good colour combination that works well with the grey van and my very plain sense of style. On the other hand I have a lot of shiny gloss black bits on the van and the shine from the silver might compliment this.

Apologies if this is your van, I'm stealing photos from Google images!

View attachment 159588

I think the gloss black is then a little too much gloss on the exterior, and with such good looking alloys with some fine details I believe the black loses that compared to a lighter colour!

View attachment 159592

@BognorMotors - you guys are styling guru's, what would your thoughts on colour combinations? I do like the gunmetal / off silver colour
Silver wheels every time for me. Especially on a grey van.

Personally I think the gunmetal/ grey or silver look really good on grey vans. something like the BBS SV in titanium, pic below stolen shamelessly from exploria:

Capture.PNG

For me Black alloys always look a little 'lost'

Just my 2p worth :think smile bounce:

@Skyliner33 you have a pure grey van don't you? Have you had any joy sourcing alloys yet? I remember seeing you were confused about colour and wheel choice.
I'm running Canteras at the moment in silver.

For me I wasn't sure about bronze on pure grey.
I spent ages a 2 wheel places with them offering wheels up in various shades. Asking staff and other customers.
Not one liked grey alloys agains the pure grey van. Hardly any like bronze. Silver was by far the outstanding choice.
I will see if I can find some pics I took, if I haven't deleted.

I'm running Canteras at the moment in silver.

For me I wasn't sure about bronze on pure grey.
I spent ages a 2 wheel places with them offering wheels up in various shades. Asking staff and other customers.
Not one liked grey alloys agains the pure grey van. Hardly any like bronze. Silver was by far the outstanding choice.
I will see if I can find some pics I took, if I haven't deleted.

i LOVE bronze off of a grey van...
@fezza68 runs bronze steels on his ( i think?) and they look great)

so @BlayneKinley with the Judd's in mind, what about these:

i LOVE bronze off of a grey van...
@fezza68 runs bronze steels on his ( i think?) and they look great)

so @BlayneKinley with the Judd's in mind, what about these:
Indium grey and pure grey work very different regarding wheel colours

Back