What else can can I expect to break?

I hear your point but the same can be said of the owners that also have problems and don’t post on a forum about it. They’re both unquantifiable.
What is quantifiable is the failures we do see, the age and mileage of the affected vehicles and the price they cost new… it’s then a question of is this acceptable? And people will have different Jews on that, which is OK.
What like the ones with the curly side lappers ? :slow rofl:

I’m currently sat in pub garden with a mate of a mate and he’s got a T5 he’s had 11 years and paid £12,000 for at the time and he’s spent £15,000 to date on it 3 new gearbox’s amongst other things and swears he won’t get rid of it until it dies currently on 230,000 miles
Swears he loves it and it’s part of the family
I was in my local MOT garage yesterday when a 60 plate T5 shuttle came in, I commented that the front wing was a bit scabby. My mate the MOT tester said "so would yours be if it had done 557000 miles", yes that's correct Five Hundred & Fifty Seven thousand miles. Which is just about to the moon & back.

I was in my local MOT garage yesterday when a 60 plate T5 shuttle came in, I commented that the front wing was a bit scabby. My mate the MOT tester said "so would yours be if it had done 557000 miles", yes that's correct Five Hundred & Fifty Seven thousand miles. Which is just about to the moon & back.
The T5s from that era do seem alot tougher than these newer things are. It'll be interesting to see how the new ford/vw frankinvan holds up.

It's part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I'm never happy when something breaks but complaining won't help me. If I found it so onerous that I felt compelled to start discussion threads about it I'd take that as a sign to start getting the bus instead as motor vehicle ownership would clearly not be for me.

Instead I take the rough with the smooth. I weigh the odds my way with maintenance and careful use of the vehicle, but that's never a guarantee. If something goes wrong I'll just roll with it. Why waste energy on an activity that doesn't help in any way?

It's part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I'm never happy when something breaks but complaining won't help me. If I found it so onerous that I felt compelled to start discussion threads about it I'd take that as a sign to start getting the bus instead as motor vehicle ownership would clearly not be for me.

Instead I take the rough with the smooth. I weigh the odds my way with maintenance and careful use of the vehicle, but that's never a guarantee. If something goes wrong I'll just roll with it. Why waste energy on an activity that doesn't help in any way?
My thoughts exactly! Hands up how many post ohh I’ve done 100,000 miles no problems what so ever. As the saying goes no news is generally good news

Back