What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I would check on the diesel heater situation before I went any further. I’m no expert either, but it would be dam annoying if it created a problem further down the line.

I would check on the diesel heater situation before I went any further. I’m no expert either, but it would be dam annoying if it created a problem further down the line.
Quick search confirmed it already worst came to it I'd use an extra duvet. I don't get as much thermal loss as my van doesn't have any windows in the back

Only if you go in the conventional spot nothing wrong with an underslung heater though... plenty of places to introduce the heat ducting the inside the van also. Fairly sure vw do a duct through the drivers step but someone better versed in dubs will know better.

Next purchase ironically is a diesel heater .
Yep, underslung heater! Air intake in driver’s step and output in B-pillar

The toilet fitted through the doorway and under the open tambour door but not under the rolled up door. The rolled door came down below the open door. You could force it under but it didn’t seem right.

8737990A-E048-4872-B690-723436F5E26C.jpeg

So I converted the roller door into an up and over door.

6EAC03E7-F9E9-4AD1-9562-B23110572296.jpeg

Now the toilet slides in without any interference.

CC1FB65B-220D-4BCA-B6C3-3054EE98908A.jpeg

Drove it back from Northumberland to York in the pissing rain and wind but happy to report no leaks from any windows, all fan speeds working correctly, no strange noises inside or out, plenty of tyre grip from stock 17 inch wheels and suspension, stereo was good enough for us, no warning dash lights, 45mpg....
These vans are quite good when everything works

Last edited:
Drove it back from Northumberland to York in the pissing rain and wind but happy to report no leaks from any windows, all fan speeds working correctly, no strange noises inside or out, plenty of tyre grip from stock 17 inch wheels and suspension, stereo was good enough for us, no warning dash lights, 45mpg....
These vans are quite good when everything works
So, basically, a lucky day!

Let us know how you get on with them. I’m interested in buying them, too.

Where did you get yours?
Got them from THQ
Not many tools needed but still same amount of profanities issued
Once u know how to undue the clips that’s easy , twisting new bulbs in is a PITA and connecting the wiring looms isn’t easy one handed
Otherwise, quick and easy

7025D0E9-A27E-4CD4-BC50-A87CF0BBF680.jpeg

Back