What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Are they not all now meaningless? It seems they get ignored now. Every time I go out I see many cars parked on double yellows.
That’s the advantage of Candy White…..double yellow lines, indicators, mirrors etc aren’t needed or heeded

In response to Saffa365s comment. Wrong side? Before I do the very same job wrong what`s the difference between the sides. Looking at my Harrisons supplied roll that arrived yesterday is one side smooth and the other more errrrr fluffy ?
It’s pretty easy to tell in decent light , one side just doesn’t look right ( mine is anthracite so maybe easier to tell )

Been doing some modifications since the new year. New headlights, taillights, 3rd brake lights, rear spoiler, sport line bumper and splitter, badge-less grill, DRL’s and the past weekend had @BognorMotors fit ST XA coilovers, h&r arb’s, 20” inovit frixion 5 alloys, revo remap and tvs dsg remap. Also needed new front disks and pads. They done an amazing job and went above and beyond to get the parts needed when some issues arose.
View attachment 146953View attachment 146954View attachment 146955
Love those taillights. Saving up for a set.

How do you get them to change colour?
All you do is turn the fogs of and on quickly and they change the LED light from white to amber, they look great too.

Yea I’m thinking on these too. Do you find you use the yellow?

Do you get any radio interference?
No interference at all and i have had them on the van for close to a year now. Expensive but well worth it.

Hi, where did you get this please it’s just what I’m after!
I got it fitted at a window tinter in Chester if you are local. If not any good tinter should be able to do this, it works really well. no need to use the blinds anymore.

@Gavinsky23 - I’ve seen a few photos posted of your van. I have to say it’s one of the nicest, cleanest examples! Every colour combination of wheels, side bars, pop top etc compliments the van so well and it’s looks quality!!
Cheers, I do think it’s the best colour but I’d be biased . Just need to sort out the fron grill I think, the 2 sides of the mid grille in grey don’t look quite right

Cheers, I do think it’s the best colour but I’d be biased . Just need to sort out the fron grill I think, the 2 sides of the mid grille in grey don’t look quite right
Which alloys / size do you have on your T6? They're smart and painting the callipers is next on my to do list

Which alloys / size do you have on your T6? They're smart and painting the callipers is next on my to do list
They are Audi TTRS twist replicas. Not sure where they are from but I bought them through our converter. They are 20” but tyres are 275/40 which are too big on the front - will replace to correct size once they have worn a bit more and get some decent tyres - was hard to justify when they we’re brand new

Busy van day - lovely weather for it too. Finally stopped dithering and ordered (earlier this week) some Climair Dark wind deflectors and fitted 'em today. Was on the fence between the smoked and dark variety. In the end the choice was taken out of my hands as Vanstyle only had the dark version in stock, and I wanted them this week. V. happy with the dark 'uns as it turns out - fits well with the gloss black wheels, grilles, sidebars theme. And they're not too dark from the inside - not a solid black, just a dark smoke :thumbsup:

First thing I did was remove the Climair Sport stickers, they looked naff - took longer to do that than fit the damn things, lol. Back of a thumb nail and some white spirit did the job, with zero scratches. They fit great - no clips in the window seal, so the windows seal tight and absolutely zero whistling or wind noise. Thanks @JOG for the photos you PM'd me re: the bracket fitting - managed to get a tidy fit by pushing the lower edge of the 'flector up to the A pillar and into the window. Recommend.

4.jpg

Excuse the bin in the background, should have moved that before taking the pic...

1.jpg

Fitting the bracket was a doddle - just needs a 1mm drill bit pilot hole (the screw is ruddy tiny - don't worry about it, if you want to reverse, a tiny bit of Sugru will blank the hole, pretty much invisibly). Push up and in (@JOG, fill yer boots pal ;)) to get the bracket nice and tight into the A pillar and jobs a good 'un.

2.jpg

Then spent the rest of the day giving the van a ruddy good winter decon wash (including iron fall-out and tar removal stages), followed by a full polish with Autoglym SRP (by hand, need to get myself a DA, my shoulder's gonna ache tomorrow), then 3 hours waxing with AG HD paste wax (again using the old school method - bloody good wax BTW). All in all a very therapeutic Buddhist Zen time day, and very happy with the reflections the paint is showing :thumbsup:

Wax on....

5.jpg

Wax off (Mr Miagi would be proud, lol)...

3.jpg

6.jpg

Time for a beer...

Busy van day - lovely weather for it too. Finally stopped dithering and ordered (earlier this week) some Climair Dark wind deflectors and fitted 'em today. Was on the fence between the smoked and dark variety. In the end the choice was taken out of my hands as Vanstyle only had the dark version in stock, and I wanted them this week. V. happy with the dark 'uns as it turns out - fits well with the gloss black wheels, grilles, sidebars theme. And they're not too dark from the inside - not a solid black, just a dark smoke :thumbsup:

First thing I did was remove the Climair Sport stickers, they looked naff - took longer to do that than fit the damn things, lol. Back of a thumb nail and some white spirit did the job, with zero scratches. They fit great - no clips in the window seal, so the windows seal tight and absolutely zero whistling or wind noise. Thanks @JOG for the photos you PM'd me re: the bracket fitting - managed to get a tidy fit by pushing the lower edge of the 'flector up to the A pillar and into the window. Recommend.

View attachment 147038

Excuse the bin in the background, should have moved that before taking the pic...

View attachment 147039

Fitting the bracket was a doddle - just needs a 1mm drill bit pilot hole (the screw is ruddy tiny - don't worry about it, if you want to reverse, a tiny bit of Sugru will blank the hole, pretty much invisibly). Push up and in (@JOG, fill yer boots pal ;)) to get the bracket nice and tight into the A pillar and jobs a good 'un.

View attachment 147046

Then spent the rest of the day giving the van a ruddy good winter decon wash (including iron fall-out and tar removal stages), followed by a full polish with Autoglym SRP (by hand, need to get myself a DA, my shoulder's gonna ache tomorrow), then 3 hours waxing with AG HD paste wax (again using the old school method - bloody good wax BTW). All in all a very therapeutic Buddhist Zen time day, and very happy with the reflections the paint is showing :thumbsup:

Wax on....

View attachment 147049

Wax off (Mr Miagi would be proud, lol)...

View attachment 147050

View attachment 147051

Time for a beer...
Worthy of a beer, well done

Back