What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Did you fit the original bolts back in or get the replacement ones? I've been considering removing my roof bars as I'm never going to use them for anything and yours does look loads better with them removed.
I used some replacement bolts and just applied some clear silicon to help stop any potential leaks

Fitted the 'Sounds like a Golf doorseals'. I should have done it years ago. Makes me want to keep opening an closing the doors, they sound so much better :) .
Are your also requiring a firmer close?

my drivers side is a bit of a nightmare to shut now, passenger side is perfect though - strange
So i am not the only one. I’m tempted to adjust the door. My passenger side is fine and had the rubber strangely.

my drivers side is a bit of a nightmare to shut now, passenger side is perfect though - strange

So i am not the only one. I’m tempted to adjust the door. My passenger side is fine and had the rubber strangely.

I had my drivers one come unstuck so removed and binned. Passagener one, just fine.

I fitted these door seals to my previous van and they worked fine, the doors shut fine and they never came unstuck.

On my current van, I did the same and the drivers door didn't shut properly and in the 40degree heat last summer came unstuck so I took it off the drivers door. The passenger door is also now coming unstuck so will probably remove it too.

Shame as they do improve the door shutting experience when they work.

New cam belt and water pump, 2nd mot as its 4 years old so all good and in for a service as part of the all in plan next week.
So far 46.000 miles trouble free apart from an EGR flush at 7.000 miles. Still on original pads and discs but may change them next month.

Nearly finished with this and ready for the road. Just waiting on a bulkhead to mount the Anderson connector through the seat base cover. All tested and working though and despite only being 100W it can and will make a huge difference to time away from a hookup! It will easily out-charge the fridge and all the other very small wattage things like lights, fan, etc. so I’m pleased. Thankfully after a number of drives since running the cables too, there are no leaks and no rattles.

Now I just need to go out and make use of it all!

Also now got a load of RGM bits on my shopping list but have exhausted van funds for a fair whiley!

IMG_6055.jpeg
IMG_6057.jpegIMG_6058.jpeg

I fitted these door seals to my previous van and they worked fine, the doors shut fine and they never came unstuck.

On my current van, I did the same and the drivers door didn't shut properly and in the 40degree heat last summer came unstuck so I took it off the drivers door. The passenger door is also now coming unstuck so will probably remove it too.

Shame as they do improve the door shutting experience when they work.
There's a whole thread somewhere on here, on the best fitment for driver's door.

Not seen it for a while though, Probably best to Google for it.

There's a whole thread somewhere on here, on the best fitment for driver's door.

Not seen it for a while though, Probably best to Google for it.
It's something I can live with, so I'm not really looking to address it.

I always complain when Mrs Bav slams the doors on my car, but she drives a VW and now she feels vindicated. "You should understand now why I'm in the habit of closing doors so firmly" she retorts! :rolleyes:

MOT again. Flew through and they also topped up the aircon gas. It was filled this time last year, and it was empty when they checked. They tried to discover the leak but were unsuccessful... £381

Back