What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Some people use fishing line, but the principle is to heat gently with a hairdryer or similar and then prise off. You then need to remove residual glue using something like alcohol.
Or a toffee wheel

Reactions: Bav
Sound deadening the front passenger door. Couldn’t line the door metal as not brave enough to take the inside door panel off and line behind, so did the reverse of the external door card as well.
C9660A5A-22A9-4855-9AED-A0B063B844A0.jpeg
Been out for a drive for the first time since I finished doing all the rest sound deadening / thermoliner / fleece. Massive difference, feels much more solid and quiet!
Drivers door and external wheel arches still to do.
Worth doing the scuttle?

Bought it, drove it for the first time, started ordering parts (wind deflectors), then working on the wife regarding lowering and new rims - handily there was a van in the gym of the same colour as ours (Acapulco blue) nicely lowered on some tasty bronze coloured calibre rims - this was complemented on by the wife - my scheming mind was excellent your coming round to my way of thinking!!!
SWMBO doesn’t mind lowering but draws the line at a good rim!

Sound deadening the front passenger door. Couldn’t line the door metal as not brave enough to take the inside door panel off and line behind, so did the reverse of the external door card as well.
View attachment 199642
Been out for a drive for the first time since I finished doing all the rest sound deadening / thermoliner / fleece. Massive difference, feels much more solid and quiet!
Drivers door and external wheel arches still to do.
Worth doing the scuttle?
For the door I undid all the fixings for the metal panel and then pulled the bottom out enough to fit my arm through from underneath and popped a block of wood in to maintain the gap. You can see what you’re doing through the speaker hole.

Took the dash to pieces to add dodo mat 15mm sound absorber over the trims and underside of dash. The upper glove box is ridiculously hard to removed.
Also fitted the van x dash liners. Great fit and look perfect but the tape doesn't stick at all. Can't find anything that does as its such shiney plastic. Any ideas?

20230521_104934.jpg

20230521_121517.jpg

20230521_120334.jpg

20230521_133729.jpg

20230521_133715.jpg

If it’s not on show a wipe over with cellulose thinners will clean off any release agent used in manufacturing and also roughen (melt) the surface.
Test a small area first!

Removed the Kiravans 12v control panel and rely/fuse box and started to re do/reroute all the wiring so that I can install my shiny new Renogy One.
Had to install a new fuse box, and I put in a 12v isolatore at the same time.
Renogy One up and running and stupidly it won’t find my Renogy Bluetooth enabled Lithium battery.
Even more annoyingly, when I pair it with the Renogy app on my phone the Renogy app can no longer see my battery either.
Unpair them and the battery reappears in the phone app.
Anyway, time for beer now, I’ll look at that again tomorrow when I finish wiring in the new fuse box.

IMG_4526.jpeg

Back