What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted these in place of my reversing candles this morning.

Looking forward to it getting dark later on so I can drive around backwards everywhere until I gather the required funds to get the fronts sorted :thumbsup:

View attachment 224317

Do these give error signals with canbus? I have a shuttle which has led rear lights but I'm not sure what reversing lamps are but they not very bright - I wondered if these would be a good upgrade?

Do these give error signals with canbus? I have a shuttle which has led rear lights but I'm not sure what reversing lamps are but they not very bright - I wondered if these would be a good upgrade?
No errors at all mate, no. It does say on the website that there’s always a chance it *could* bring up an error, but I’ve not experienced any at all & don’t think any others who have fitted these ones have had any either.

Has anyone experience of these bulbs - a couple of customer reviews said additional resistors required

Finally finished my audio install on a budget. Taken me since Dec 20th, with a day on it here or there.

Changed the speakers for Audison Prima (new), added an Audison DSP/Amp (second hand), added an active sub (second hand) under the twin passenger seat. Aimed for active fronts plus sub.

Used the CAT-BUG guide and REW software (free) for creating an audio concept, setting the acoustic crossovers and EQ.

Then finally today used HolmImpulse (free) to calculate the impulse response and set accurate time offsets for each speaker.

The end result is a super clear and spacious sound stage - sounds incredible. Very much achieved the ‘bass up front’ effect where the bass sounds appear to come from the windscreen/dash.

Much reading, YouTubing, learning and hours sunk into understanding concepts, but what fun it has been.

I have double reversing lights and double fog lights! Thanks to the people who posted on this thread, I bought the TransporterHQ LED headlight variant of their LED tail lights, swapped the plugs on the van and ran extra wires from the loom above the roof lining to allow a fog light wire on the left cluster and a reversing light on the right. Everything worked perfectly first go.

PXL_20240107_143608279.jpg

Take the clip off, push it in fish and re fit the clip from underneath - will have to drop the undertray

Fitted my caravelle steps, although currently having fun figuring out how to fix the not so flexible pipe back onto the webasto vent. Jubilee clip must have been fitted on the back when it up in the air as was in the chassis. No chance of it going back on that way.

View attachment 224622

Flush not fish
Thanks.
Unfortunately not the easiest do. I can't even push the pipe onto the vent it's so tight and that's with the clip off.
I've seen many install videos and they don't even use a clip. Seems daft to have to remove the undertray just to remove the step.
Will get it back on eventually

Thanks.
Unfortunately not the easiest do. I can't even push the pipe onto the vent it's so tight and that's with the clip off.
I've seen many install videos and they don't even use a clip. Seems daft to have to remove the undertray just to remove the step.
Will get it back on eventually
@PaulR83 With a bit of fiddling, could you not just use a threaded backnut type connector such as this behind:

and then fit a threaded outlet vent such as this on the front

Other combinations available:

Thanks @EAN . Much appreciated, I'll have a look at those. Could be a handy solution
Ideally I should have fitted the step with the factory vent as that looks nicer then fitted the webasto pipe to the chassis

Reactions: EAN
Needed new tyres so after much research I went for the Fuel Zephyr with Falken 235/65/17. Unbelievable improvement in ride comfort.
Massive thanks to Elite Wheel and Tyres in Reading. Charlie opened up especially for me and had coffee ready when I arrived after a 2.5 hr drive from Wales. Top service from Charlie. View attachment 223760

What suspension do you have on this setup?

Thanks @EAN . Much appreciated, I'll have a look at those. Could be a handy solution
Ideally I should have fitted the step with the factory vent as that looks nicer then fitted the webasto pipe to the chassis
If the pipe is so tight you have difficulty getting it on, then you don’t really need the clip.

If you twist the fitting into the pipe anticlockwise, it may open the coils to make it easier. Access to the back is easy enough- you crawl under and unscrew a few clips and screws on the undertray and it drops out.

First time using the diesel parking heater to pre-warm and defrost the van in -2 degrees this morning, 20 minutes at level 10 and I'm surprised at how well it worked! Everything apart from the very bottom of the windscreen was melted and de-frosted, just needed the smallest of scrapes with the ice scraper.

First road side puncture yesterday. Used all the swear words under sun trying to remove seized spare wheel carrier bolts and then trying to remove wheel itself which was stuck fast to hub. Missus was telling me to calm down before I had heart attack. So bolts now greased and rubber mallet under seat together with some chocks and gloves. Why didnt I check the spare in the summer!

First road side puncture yesterday. Used all the swear words under sun trying to remove seized spare wheel carrier bolts and then trying to remove wheel itself which was stuck fast to hub. Missus was telling me to calm down before I had heart attack. So bolts now greased and rubber mallet under seat together with some chocks and gloves. Why didnt I check the spare in the summer!
A cautionary tale for anybody who's never had to remove their spare!

Back