What Leisure battery/electrical setup do I need?

tommy_t6.1

Builder
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I need ideas for a leisure battery to fit under passenger seat and a split charge relay please!

I can't work out exactly what I need, and the more I read, the more confused I'm becoming! :D I have put this off for 3.5 years, but want to fit a cupboard and fridge so need power in the van!

It's only a basic electric system. I'll have a small fuse board under the passenger seat with the battery and it will only feed the fridge, 2 12v power sockets and the halo roof. We don't stay off grid much, but we are heading the france in 6 weeks and then up to Scotland in October and will definitely be off grid for at least 2 nights in a row both times!

Any help very much appreciated!

I need ideas for a leisure battery to fit under passenger seat and a split charge relay please!

I can't work out exactly what I need, and the more I read, the more confused I'm becoming! :D I have put this off for 3.5 years, but want to fit a cupboard and fridge so need power in the van!

It's only a basic electric system. I'll have a small fuse board under the passenger seat with the battery and it will only feed the fridge, 2 12v power sockets and the halo roof. We don't stay off grid much, but we are heading the france in 6 weeks and then up to Scotland in October and will definitely be off grid for at least 2 nights in a row both times!

Any help very much appreciated!
If you want a hand give me a shout. Will send you a pm.

Purely 12v system. We have never taken anything 240v in all the times we have gone camping. We use the hookup for the 12v fridge we have and charging phones.
So you do have something that converts 240v mains and feeds 12v?

The reason I'm asking this point is if you are choosing a lithium battery and you have some form of existing 240v to 12v supply/charger you need to make sure that's compatible.

I don't have any electrical setup currently in the van, so starting from scratch. The hookup we use is a cable with a consumer unti attached that we put in the tent. We have no power in the van.

Just need a battery to feed a fridge, some lighting and some charge ports. It's only a day van so don't want anything to extravagant!

Does this battery and dc-dc charge look OK? Are there any cheaper alternatives? :D We wont be full off gridders, just the odd night.
Screenshot_20240618_091908_Chrome.jpg

I don't have any electrical setup currently in the van, so starting from scratch. The hookup we use is a cable with a consumer unti attached that we put in the tent. We have no power in the van.

Just need a battery to feed a fridge, some lighting and some charge ports. It's only a day van so don't want anything to extravagant!
Gotcha :thumbsup:

When planning your install you might want to also put in a fused Anderson SB50 connector - that would give you a reliable way of connecting either a 240v charger or solar charger if you wanted to top up the leisure battery for a few hours from those sources.

So can you charge the leisure battery when on hookup? What do you need for that?

I can see this spiralling! :D

Back