Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

We're back in Moffat at my dad's place. We drove up here last Tuesday to help with some issues at home, stayed a few days and then took a break. We've had 3 nights away at Carnforth in a lodge, south of the Lakes. We travelled back upon through Keswick. If we can get things sorted here we hope to get away for a few days touring in the van whilst the forecast looks ok to see some of the coast around Dumfries and Galloway taking in Kircudbright and Portpatrick, before maybe sneaking over to Arran. the end of next week we're heading south to the T6F weekend in Bala. :)

Been back to the dealer in Bury for a couple of minor fixes under warranty - including a bit of trim on the kitchen shelf which was starting to come away. Thought it was just poor quality control / materials. Turns out it was a protective plastic strip, which when peeled off completely revealed a nice new shiny stainless steel trim. :oops: :whistle:

IMG_20240508_103856663_HDR.jpg

Been back to the dealer in Bury for a couple of minor fixes under warranty - including a bit of trim on the kitchen shelf which was starting to come away. Thought it was just poor quality control / materials. Turns out it was a protective plastic strip, which when peeled off completely revealed a nice new shiny stainless steel trim. :oops: :whistle:

View attachment 241607
Are we allowed to grin to ourselves?!

Are we allowed to grin to ourselves?!
It's a horror story :eek:

In our house protective film stays on for as long as possible, and unprotected items get stuff put on - apparently it drives MrsRT mad.

Exhibit A - my head unit... (yes the minor damage at the top as I put the protector on does irk me please don't point it out and make me buy another one to fix it...)

(From here if you're interested)

20240508_200142-jpg.240608

It's a horror story :eek:

In our house protective film stays on for as long as possible, and unprotected items get stuff put on - apparently it drives MrsRT mad.

Exhibit A - my head unit... (yes the minor damage at the top as I put the protector on does irk me please don't point it out and make me buy another one to fix it...)

(From here if you're interested)

20240508_200142-jpg.240608

It was Mrs Gumy who was unhappy about the "peeling" trim. When I, somehwat embarassed, explained about the protective film and showed her the new shiny stainless steel trim, she said (predictably) "why didn't you leave it on?"
Can't win!

Back