Why is it so difficult to get insurance for my T6?

What have you got (pv, kombi, dayvan, camper) and where have you tried?

Just renewed, 2018 150 Tsi ,panel van, low mileage use( 6k half business half personal use), comp, protected ncb, me with Mrs Monty on as additional driver ( in her dreams !) 60 with full no claims discount. £220 Swinton through one of the on line comparisons ( think it was go compare)

Reactions: CAB
What have you got (pv, kombi, dayvan, camper) and where have you tried?
Transporter T6 Bav. I've tried the Caravan Club and they don't want to know. Lloyds Bank have insured me but only third party when towing.

Transporter T6 Bav. I've tried the Caravan Club and they don't want to know. Lloyds Bank have insured me but only third party when towing.
Yeah, but is it a work/panel van, a komb, a day-van or a full camper? Does your van have lots of mods and what are you towing?

It has 5 seats and widows does that make it a Komb. No mods, towing a caravan
Okay, so you need standard car/van insurance, not campervan/CIP insurance.

I'm guessing you've tried the usual online comparison websites, so what was the problem there - price or you just couldn't get a quote?

CompareTheMarket, confused.com, Go Compare, Money Supermarket - these are all online insurance price comparison websites.

@Intrepid Basically your first port of call
@Intrepid - exactly this^^^^

These websites provide coverage across the whole marketplace for standard vehicles - i.e. not campervans and not heavily modified vehicles (hence my earlier questions re type of vehicle and mods). It's the easiest way to get quotations from hundreds of providers.

You could also try calling some of the companies on the thread mentioned above by @t6blo - some will give a small discount for being a T6 Forum member, but it'll only be about 5%, so no great shakes.

A reminder that A-plan is now called Howden insurance for the Moded vans . might be worth a call even for advice i didn't get any discount for mentioning the T6F though
I think it was on here that someone pointed me to A-Plan just as they became Howden. I found out that even a roof rack and towbar were considered modifications by Quote Me Happy. A-Plan / Howden gave me an almost identical premium without prompting for my T6 Caravelle. Good luck

Just had a shocking renewal quote from Direct Line up by 61%! Any recommendations for other van insurance companies would be welcome.

Just had a shocking renewal quote from Direct Line up by 61%! Any recommendations for other van insurance companies would be welcome.
Presume you've tried the usual online comparison sites?

I recommend Howden (used to be A-Plan) Not had to rely on them after an accident / theft thankfully, but front of house service and cost good and sensible respectively

Back