Will I regret selling my Audi A7?

PondLive

Hi.
For tax reasons I’m begrudgingly selling my 400bhp stg1 Audi a7 stepping into the T6 world. Looking for a 204 bitdi 4motion kombi/conversion. I really enjoy the effortless of the Audi. Will I be disappointed by the 204bhp? It’s gonna be empty most of the time, also would consider a remap, is that advisable?

2 completely different animals in my opinion at the end of the day it’s a van so will never feel like your Audi! I love my van for lots of reasons but also love my car for a bit of fun on a wkend
Best of luck what ever you decide

Its a Van . . . . so adjust your expectations and you will be very happy.

i find the 204ps more than enough.

it pulls the same full or empty.

if you want to go bananas, the get a petrol TSI and Stage it, but they are rocking horse dung.

i wouldn't remap the 204 personally. . . there may be some percentage of turbos that give up, so pushing them harder may be costly.

I have a 300bhp remapped VRS and a 140bhp T5.1. I don't feel the need to drive fast in the van and am quite happy to coast along at a more sedate pace. The VRS does feel like a rocket ship in comparison and I have to be careful to not get carried away. I have had a few remapped cars however have no desire to remap the van.

Thanks for the reply’s, I’d keep the car and have both, but we already have 2 cars and a van, and the mrs won’t let me drop £40k without giving up the Audi:(
it’s not about the speed so much, I have a 2 wheeled orange Austrian machine for thrills. I just want my long drives effortless.
I do 30 to 40k a year. Am I better buying a higher priced low mileage or vice versa?

also, am I better off with the highline or sportline or whateverline? Is this just a trim level indicator?
Love the look of the big alloys low riding T6’s but live in East Sussex where the roads are F#*#%ed and have the pleasure of working on a few festivals a year so probably go for a swamper-ish smaller wheels / bigger all terrain tyres.

Do your research on the BiTDi engine. There do seem to be quite a few reports of replacement engines due to the emissions systems failing.

Possibly the internet ‘phenomenon’ where you only see/read the bad stuff (I own a chocolate engined Porsche 996 and have stopped reading 911 forums and just drive it!)

If I was buying another T6 (current 102hp TDi) I’d look for a TSI which were only made for a short time.

Do your research on the BiTDi engine. There do seem to be quite a few reports of replacement engines due to the emissions systems failing.

Possibly the internet ‘phenomenon’ where you only see/read the bad stuff (I own a chocolate engined Porsche 996 and have stopped reading 911 forums and just drive it!)

If I was buying another T6 (current 102hp TDi) I’d look for a TSI which were only made for a short time.
Really! Thanks for that info. Id be devastated dropping +£40k on a van then having to replace the engine coz of EMISSIONS!!

In my opinion the van is very comfortable. Captains seats with armrests make long distance a breeze and I really like the high up driving position.

Only downside is that they are commercial vehicles, however all this means is they are more noisy inside from the factory (compared to a car, especially your A7) as there is minimal sound deadening and insulation put in them from the factory. Not a major issue, just be prepared to spend a bit of cash on it once you have bought it to sound deaden and insulate it and line it out, oh and a decent audio upgrade too. You can save a lot doing all that yourself if you like.
Failing that your not that far from @BognorMotors, they are highly regarded on here and im sure could sort all that out for you and even supply the van!

In my opinion the van is very comfortable. Captains seats with armrests make long distance a breeze and I really like the high up driving position.

Only downside is that they are commercial vehicles, however all this means is they are more noisy inside from the factory (compared to a car, especially your A7) as there is minimal sound deadening and insulation put in them from the factory. Not a major issue, just be prepared to spend a bit of cash on it once you have bought it to sound deaden and insulate it and line it out, oh and a decent audio upgrade too. You can save a lot doing all that yourself if you like.
Failing that your not that far from @BognorMotors, they are highly regarded on here and im sure could sort all that out for you and even supply the van!
Thanks. I’ve seen a few of their listings, good to know they are a reputable company. I’ll definitely check them out.

Thanks for the reply’s, I’d keep the car and have both, but we already have 2 cars and a van, and the mrs won’t let me drop £40k without giving up the Audi:(
it’s not about the speed so much, I have a 2 wheeled orange Austrian machine for thrills. I just want my long drives effortless.
I do 30 to 40k a year. Am I better buying a higher priced low mileage or vice versa?
My previous car was a Skoda superb, probably one of the most comfortable long distance cars - I would happily drive 10hrs from Kent to Scotland with only a couple of stops.

I now have a Caravelle 2.0tdi 150 DSG, and apart from the lack of a few features like lane assist, full stop and go adaptive cruise control, I'd say it's actually more comfortable on long distance driving than my old superb!

The elevated driving position allows you to see more, the upright seating position is way kinder to the feet and legs, and I've got twin armrests on the captain's chairs!

A swamper set up with suspension sorted would be the most comfortable. Make sure you get one with adaptive cruise control, LED headlights.

Is the adaptive cruise not stop and start? i drive a lot at night and one of the many things I love about the Audi is the Matrix LED headlights (not sure anyone coming in the opposite direction dose though lol) the way I just select high beam once and the car sorts out the rest. Do the T6 LED’s self dim for oncoming vehicles?

Is the adaptive cruise not stop and start? i drive a lot at night and one of the many things I love about the Audi is the Matrix LED headlights (not sure anyone coming in the opposite direction dose though lol) the way I just select high beam once and the car sorts out the rest. Do the T6 LED’s self dim for oncoming vehicles?
The adaptive cruise control will bring the van down to a complete stop, but as it's only got a mechanical handbrake, you have to put your foot on the brake once it stops, then it should resume when you release the brake.

I don't think there's an option for high beam assist on the T6, there might be on the T6.1.

LED headlights will be a must for you, they're excellent - but they're not matrix LED's.

The 6.1 is a bit more up to date with the tech, it's got crosswind assist and lane assist, and I think ACC is standard fit. But you're going to have to take a backward step when it comes to tech on the T6 or 6.1.

The adaptive cruise control will bring the van down to a complete stop, but as it's only got a mechanical handbrake, you have to put your foot on the brake once it stops, then it should resume when you release the brake.

I don't think there's an option for high beam assist on the T6, there might be on the T6.1.

LED headlights will be a must for you, they're excellent - but they're not matrix LED's.

The 6.1 is a bit more up to date with the tech, it's got crosswind assist and lane assist, and I think ACC is standard fit. But you're going to have to take a backward step when it comes to tech on the T6 or 6.1.
Thanks.
That’s a bit disappointing, suppose my budgets going to have to rise to £50k then lol. My Audi is a Late 2016, it’s mad that more modern Transporters aren’t at that level of tech yet!

Thanks.
That’s a bit disappointing, suppose my budgets going to have to rise to £50k then lol. My Audi is a Late 2016, it’s mad that more modern Transporters aren’t at that level of tech yet!
I really do like the virtual dash on the 6.1 too.

I think I'd try hiring a 204 DSG for a week. The cost of doing so is tiny in the scheme of things and it'd give you a real view on the reality of living with the T6 on a long term basis.
I agree with all of the above comments, a T6 is an extremely comfortable mile muncher and I wouldn't want to go back to having a "normal" car.

Thanks.
Yeah my superb was a 2017 model and had loads more tech than my 2018 transporter - full active lane assist, high beam blanking (pre matrix LED's version), stop and go ACC, traffic sign recognition...

VW have all the tech, they just held it back on the commercial vehicles until the new Ford collaboration.

Thanks.

Yes, but VW make it as a commercial vehicle which in most cases won't be driven by the owner, more often it'll be driven by an employee. Few buyers in those circumstances want to pay extra for tech unless it will increase the productivity of the driver.

Back